Toronto 101 Erskine Condos | 106.07m | 32s | Tridel | CS&P

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Re: HARSH!

Chuck,

Your constructive comments are appreciated. We strive to improve all aspects of rental living at our buildings. For the record I can state without hesitation that we rarely experience a vacancy in that building. We have spent millions of dollars at 66 Broadway in recent years on major capital items such as balcony restoration, in-suite renovations and upgrades as well as landscaping but that certainly does not imply that there isn't always room for improvement.

Thank you for your honest assessment.

Re: HARSH!

66 Broadway was actually the only one of about 20 buildings I saw that had a waiting list for 1 bedrooms. I would assume that's because of the low rent. In any case, the search continues.

That's quite a long period of hibernation for this one. Over a year later, and the building is virtually the same but is finally going into the approval process. It would appear the planning department does not want it t be quite so large.

Thanks for the update Mike!

I find the comments about 66 Broadway a bit perplexing... I moved into a renovated one bedroom in that building about 5 months ago, and it is probably the nicest apartment rental I've ever lived in (and I've lived in 8 units in Toronto in the last 15 years). The renovated kitchens and bathrooms are condo-quality. I can only assume you didn't see a reno'd unit.

Can't argue with your assessment of the hallways, though - they are pretty ugly. Still, management is attentive and friendly, the place is clean, the units are large and the rent is reasonable. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Enough Noise, Enough Construction!!!!

No way this new building is going up. Sorry Mr. 99.

I know that I can speak for many people living at 66 Broadway when I say that enough is enough! 4 years of noise is enough, and we don't need 2 MORE YEARS OF IT!!

In the last four years we've had 2 years of super loud balcony construction, a huge building to the east going up (still making noise 6 days a week), and the new town houses going up. Is living in this neighbourhood all about putting up new buildings blocking the sunshine or can we actually stand up and say no to our city counselors? I know that I'll be there whenever the meeting takes place. I for one think that four years of construction noise is enough and I'm not going to stand for this crap!!

Beau Properties is going to have a fight on their hands with this one - I promise you.

David S.

"The apartment building behind it is crap. In my search for a new apartment, I have found that it is among the worst buldings in the Yonge and Eglinton/St. Clair area."

Damn you guys are harsh! I work for the company that owns that 'crap' building and am alarmed by your comment. We take great pride in our buildings! It's always full and our residents are typically very happy. What's your beef with it? How can we improve?

Thanks to everyone for your comments about our new development. We are very excited about it and are always interested in thoughts from the forum. We want our building to blend into the amazing character of the area and thus have tried to integrate into the existing site as much as possible. Are there any design elements that you guys would like to see improved?

^^^ hahaha

I'm picturing this guy furiously googling the address of this building and finding this old ass thread from about 5 pages back.

2 years of balcony renos? That's pretty ridiculous. I certainly wouldn't have put up with it and probably moved (not like anything really tying you down when you rent, eh?)

P.S. a highrise building will be approved

I know that I can speak for many people living at 66 Broadway when I say that enough is enough! 4 years of noise is enough, and we don't need 2 MORE YEARS OF IT!!

If you live at 66 Broadway, then you got at least 2 more years. The Republic by Tridel pretty much across the street looks like it is almost done excavation and I can envision a crane going up in the next month or so. My friends have a south facing unit there and I really enjoy going there and admiring the views of all the new buildings being constructed. They have no prob with all that either.

Hehe, being against a development because of the construction noise is a new level of NIMBY-nutso.

Man, David S, i got 3 high-rises going up within 100 m of my apartment in the Yonge/Eglinton area. Suck it up. You live in a desirable neighbourhood with plenty of development opportunities.

And you probably won't even get notice of the public hearing for 99 Erskine, seeing as the city rarely sends them to tenants. Better stay in touch with the Councillor. Jenkins, I think...

Hmmm, I lived at 66 Broadway up until the year 2000. It was infested with cockroaches and mice to the point that the cockroaches were in the coffee machine in the laundry room. When I was packing to move, I kept seeing a mouse using my dining room as a short cut. When they replaced the windows, they came in the day before the day they said they were coming and smashed them all scattering my couch and all my furniture/floor with glass and leaving it for me to clean up. My movers showed up late and the super threatened to get the cops to come and throw me out on the street. Halls are depressing with mural that looks like it was painted by a gradeschool child. I lived in two different units over 8 years, first one I had a crazy drunk woman as a neighbour who used to claim she could hear me crying (I wasn't) and we think she used to sit against the door listening so she could go out and yell at people who dared put their key in their door when coming home at midnight. Good riddance.

I am thinking that 99 Erskine is not a go. Anybody have any additional information on this very-slow-moving-proposal. Nothing more at the City of Toronto site, for instance.

Last edited:
Update

Hello Archivist,

Thank you very much for your interest in our project!

It is very much a go in fact and will likely be presented for consideration by council in Q1 2009. Unlike most developers we are more focused on creating the best project for the property as opposed to the fastest to market. We are moving at a measured pace and are going to give Toronto and the area-residents an exciting glass tower that fits in context to this thriving neighborhood yet offers a comforting & tranquil transitional environment through the heavily urbanized landscape that surrounds. Look for some unique integration of our development with the street grid and for some hopefully welcome additions to this already thriving and carefully evolving midtown apartment enclave.

Best wishes to everyone in 2009,

*99*

"Unlike most developers we are more focused on creating the best project for the property as opposed to the fastest to market."

That's developer speak for: We can't hope to sell this sucker so we're going to drag it out and hope the market turns or someone takes it off our hands.

Back