News   Mar 28, 2024
 969     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 544     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 839     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
If they are prepping the missile tower like thing then maybe they'll put up the big sign next to it up next? Makes sense b/c Yonge Street is booked with film stuff for the rest of the week I imagine...

weird the sidewalks that are ten years in bad shape, but some sidewalks on bay street from 1964 are in great shape,

They just started to put some more future shops signs and I think I saw some screens or a tickers of some sort. I'll go back later tonight to see if they have finished.

Paul

I didn't notice the strips on Dundas but Yonge looked like it may have space waiting for them. The cosmic ballet goes on....

yeh i noticed that as well. there are long strips of plywood, i'd say about a foot and a half wide, in between sections of the concrete sidewalk on the yonge side of building. however, when i was passing by today on the dundas side, there was no indication that there would be some other material laid the same way they are going to do on yonge.

yeh i noticed that as well. there are long strips of plywood, i'd say about a foot and a half wide, in between sections of the concrete sidewalk on the yonge side of building. however, when i was passing by today on the dundas side, there was no indication that there would be some other material laid the same way they are going to do on yonge.

And if that turns out to be the case (no black strips along Dundas) when this development is finished then it will be a significant disapointment. Dundas between Yonge and Bay has the granite motif and it just seems logical that Dundas east of Yonge infront of Metropolis would continue the theme. Hopefully they don't mess it up.

And while on the topic of the Dundas sidewalk, does anyone know if the entrance to the subway will be moved into building or will the stairwell of doom continue to take up valuable walking space?

And if that turns out to be the case (no black strips along Dundas) when this development is finished then it will be a significant disapointment. Dundas between Yonge and Bay has the granite motif and it just seems logical that Dundas east of Yonge infront of Metropolis would continue the theme. Hopefully they don't mess it up.

And while on the topic of the Dundas sidewalk, does anyone know if the entrance to the subway will be moved into building or will the stairwell of doom continue to take up valuable walking space?
there will probably be an entrance linking the PATH system which goes through the subway station. i don't remember which page it was on, but there were plans posted earlier of all the floors showing the tenants and all the entrances and such.

if they don't make one, they should at least redesign it so it won't be so intrusive with that horrible chipped concrete that's there now.

there will also quite likely be an entrance to dundas station from yonge/gould as part of ryerson's master plan design quite like queen station has 2 entrances on both the north and south side of the station.

Cool, the more of those ugly concrete entrances they remove, the better.

My prime candidate for removal is Ossington Station on the South/West corner of University & Queen. That entrance creates a bottleneck on this very busy pedestrian intersection.

I don't know if that adjacent building would welcome or be suitable for a subway entrance, but not far from the corner, there's this cut into the building that would fit an entrance and be out of the way.

They just started to put some more future shops signs and I think I saw some screens or a tickers of some sort. I'll go back later tonight to see if they have finished.

Paul

Yes,there is definitely an electronic sign going up [on the corner] in additon to the 'Future Shop' letters.

Back