News   Apr 19, 2024
 27     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 448     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 781     3 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date

According to witnesses, the man was coming down the escalator when he decided to sit on the moving handrail, in order to ride it down., but unfortunately he lost his balance and fell 30 feet, landing on his head.

Sadly, not only did this individual end up gravely injuring himself, but his actions could easily have injured others on the escalator.

Regardless of the design of the building, this was a stupid thing for someone to do.

You all need to stop joking about this. Whether this person was being foolish or not, this is not funny.

Tony, it's called "gallows humour" and has been around since there were gallows.
And gallows humour is not necessarily "funny" as in haha. It is often cautionary.
Like the guy who fell from the thirty storey building, and every floor he passed, he said "So far, so good"

This is very sad, especially when a face is put to the story. Such a an unnecessary accident. Being listed in "grave condition" most often means consider making final arrangements although people can pull through but it's not common.

Tony, it's called "gallows humour" and has been around since there were gallows.
And gallows humour is not necessarily "funny" as in haha. It is often cautionary.
Like the guy who fell from the thirty storey building, and every floor he passed, he said "So far, so good"

You're right. Sorry.

I recall that someone fell from one of the Sheraton hotel atrium escalators about twenty years ago - which is why they have that ostentatious tubular chrome structure on both sides.

I recall that someone fell from one of the Sheraton hotel atrium escalators about twenty years ago - which is why they have that ostentatious tubular chrome structure on both sides.

don't give them new ideas now for TLS ~ ;)

So back on topic now... TLS has been on the market for nearly 2 months now and nobody's touching it. While I understand why, I have to admit I'm surprised. A good developer with some money to invest on fixing its problems could really walk away a big winner.

The name "Toronto Life Square" has now been removed from nearly all of the interior signage. The video screens now display a hideous, hideous logo creatively naming the building "10 Dundas East".

Meant to grab a photo or two, but I was on the way to see a film at the AMC and too busy climbing the four broken escalators with a hundred other people.

Website still bears the TLS name, though.

Oh, just tear this god damned, third world building down and build some half decent, already. This thing is crap from beginning to end. An ultra modern hotel would be quite nice here.

Back