News   Mar 28, 2024
 718     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 490     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 798     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I believe they have already turned down the brightness. It seems way less bright right now.
Wow, it's really turned down then, I thought it was off for the last 3 nights!

I believe it was off at night after a certain time, but I've seen it on earlier in the evenings and early in the mornings. For example, it's on right now at 7:45 am.

This photo by @someMidTowner from today’s Untitled launch at Yonge Dundas Sq shows an additional row added.

0s6a3737-jpg.213725

Hard to tell from this particular photo but it appears that there’s an additional row being added on top, above the wall. @someMidTowner did you get other shots of 10 Dundas East?

They added a new piece last night. One per day. At this rate, the whole thing will be finished in 107 days.

Close, 124 days since that prediction and it is finally complete.
Though the video is still not running in the last two rows installed.

Hard to tell from this particular photo but it appears that there’s an additional row being added on top, above the wall. @someMidTowner did you get other shots of 10 Dundas East?
It's nearly flush with the top of the building.

This photo by @someMidTowner from today’s Untitled launch at Yonge Dundas Sq shows an additional row added.

0s6a3737-jpg.213725

Nope.

It's finally finished (although they still haven't turned on the top rows) and it's hard to overstate how much this has improved the building. I know, hard to believe. Let's not forget that Metropolis, as it was called, was always built to be a giant billboard. So, it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that when more of it is covered in high quality ads, the building itself improves.

The full corner wrap is fantastic and the screen is of very high quality. It also nicely matches the ad on the flip side (facing north) so it looks symmetrical from the corner. Contrast that with the small low resolution screen and the random scattered screens around it in a maddeningly uneven pattern that exposed too much of the underside of the building that was never meant to be exposed. This is how it always should have been but technology had to catch up.

Now, I hope that this catches the eye of a serious property management firm. Whoever is managing 10 Dundas East has no idea what they're doing and doesn't know how to market this building. The evidence is in the name 10 Dundas East? Really? When Toronto Life dropped out and wanted nothing to do with this, I thought it was assumed that the address would be temporary until they could either find a sponsor or maybe revert back to Metropolis or another marketing name. But nope, they didn't bother.

And what's this?

For the latest FASH10NS? Ok, the cutesy cheap marketing idea aside, they've had that slogan to market a building that doesn't have any clothing stores for as long as it's been called 10 Dundas East. Sure, now they have Winners but really, Winners isn't known for high fashion — it's a bargains store. This just shows me that the building's management continues to miss what's right in front of them: this is an entertainment complex with successful restaurants that cater to the area tourists. As a local, there are far better options to go to eat in this city, but we can still acknowledge that the restaurants always have lineups.

I'd love nothing more than for Cadillac Fairview to see the value in this building, acquire it like they did The Bay and turn it into a satellite Eaton Centre wing. They need the cinemas and the space for restaurants. An enhanced underground connection could be made to make it feel more integrated.

Last edited:
Hopefully the rest of the ads can go digital sooner than later. Replacing the three in horizontal row with one big screen that curves around both bends in the structure would look incredible.

I don't really see the building anymore, so I guess that is an improvement.

I'd love nothing more than for Cadillac Fairview to see the value in this building, acquire it like they did The Bay and turn it into a satellite Eaton Centre wing. They need the cinemas and the space for restaurants. An enhanced underground connection could be made to make it feel more integrated.

BentallKennedy owns it, so unlikely that it will be sold to CadillacFairview.

Then again, the Atrium has exchanged hands quite a few times...

BentallGreenOak (formerly Bentall Kennedy) doesn't own it. They're just the property managers.

I don't really see the building anymore, so I guess that is an improvement.

BentallKennedy owns it, so unlikely that it will be sold to CadillacFairview.

Then again, the Atrium has exchanged hands quite a few times...

In a fantasy world It would be nice if CF owned both of the northern corners.

At one point, Hines was interested in acquiring 10 Dundas East. At the time, they owned the Atrium. Would’ve been a great combination. Together they would have made a lot of sense and complemented one another. I wonder if the failed bid had anything to do with Hines bailing from the Atrium too.

CF is boring. The Eaton Centre exterior is pretty pathetic too.

I doubt the Little Canada attraction will live up to my Ontario Place memories but, I'm still keen on seeing it. It's at least different than some hype over some international chain setting up shop in Canada.

Back