News   Mar 28, 2024
 647     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 455     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 778     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date

Looks like they are adding the 2 final rows. My guess is the owners wanted the screen on to make ad revenue even though it wasn't finished

Now they need a screen to cover that section that says 'The Beer Store', 'Spring Rolls', 'Shark Club', 'Dollarama', 'Goodlife Fitness', and 'Cineplex'.

I wonder if they will get told to turn down the brightness like the screen on the media tower across the street.
Yes, a few calls to the Councillor's office will eventually see the screen dimmed after a certain time at night.

Now they need a screen to cover that section that says 'The Beer Store', 'Spring Rolls', 'Shark Club', 'Dollarama', 'Goodlife Fitness', and 'Cineplex'.

No thanks. Keep the windows. The interior is already dark and depressing without covering the few windows. If anything, I’d like to see all that clutter of signs removed. Instead, get a small strip of signs detailing the stores that are inside in an organized single sign, rather than scattered signs everywhere.

Perhaps replace the fake fans with a pole sign featuring the list of available stores.

I think they could remove it with no ill effects. There is really no need to plaster the list of stores on the outside the building when an Obelisk inside the building works just fine.

There's no architectural detail on this building that would benefit from having signs removed from it: if that clutter were gone, people wouldn't suddenly look up and be impressed by the battleship gray aluminum spandrel paneling and mullions. I'm not sure that replacing the signs with a more standardized suit of them would help, either. The only thing that could potentially improve the situation here short of tearing the entire building down would be an entire replacement of the cladding (where it can be seen, anyway) with something that actually resembles an architectural finish, not a behemoth-sized garden shed.

There's no architectural detail on this building that would benefit from having signs removed from it: if that clutter were gone, people wouldn't suddenly look up and be impressed by the battleship gray aluminum spandrel paneling and mullions. I'm not sure that replacing the signs with a more standardized suit of them would help, either. The only thing that could potentially improve the situation here short of tearing the entire building down would be an entire replacement of the cladding (where it can be seen, anyway) with something that actually resembles an architectural finish, not a behemoth-sized garden shed.

True. I wonder what more they could do? As for tearing it down... that thing is a bunker built in a manner similar to the former Winnipeg Arena. You could try a controlled demolition but that thing has so much concrete in it that it will survive anything.

In the event a nuclear attack run to 10 Dundas, it is the safest place in town.

Back