News   Apr 18, 2024
 625     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.4K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
If they can put together an impressive enough attraction, it'll work. Again, Miniatur Wunderland is the most visited tourist attraction in all of Germany. I'm not saying these guys are going to equal that here, but I'm saying that the possibilities are greater than the naysayers here are.

I think Toronto is in need of more family attractions these days, especially year-round, centrally located ones. As stated above, Cullen isn't the best for comparison for a number of reasons, but even then we have to take into account that the GTA has gained over a million people since Cullen closed and our tourism numbers are much higher these days.

Dundas Square is way too filthy these days that it's dampening its potential as a tourist attraction. They need to lobby with the city to clean it up (which the city should anyway)

Dundas Square is way too filthy these days that it's dampening its potential as a tourist attraction. They need to lobby with the city to clean it up (which the city should anyway)

I'm hoping the increased intensification on Dundas east of Yonge will give pedestrians more reasons to walk through the square, and drive away some of the seedyness.

Alas, Dundas Square would still have a ton of other problems

It has gotten much worse than it used to be in the past year and all the decay is existing alongside the increased tourist presence and intensification. The city is just not doing anything - the civic presence still has a small suburban town mentality... OK I'll stop here.

Revisits may depend on how often they refresh the exhibits.

AoD
As mentioned in our front page article, and as found on their website, they'll be adding another area every year or so, starting with six of them, and gradually covering the country from coast to coast.

Definitely agree that there are some risks associated with this, but it'll be a good downtown family attraction in a city that's sorely lacking in them, and can capitalize on local synergies and ease of access- i.e. a family spending time at the Eaton Centre before going to Little Canada. Cullen Gardens was all the way out in the edge of the city and so it to be its own attraction- which created a barrier of interest IMO.

Of course, it'll depend on how often they refresh the attractions, and the ticket price. If they have some overflow space, there might also be opportunities for meeting spaces as Minatur Wunderland has.

Dundas Square is a little sketchy, but no more so than the likes of Times Square- it's really a matter of political will to get it cleaned up and to move the safe injection site elsewhere (like it or not, it does attract addicts and drug dealers).

Several weeks later, no progress. This really is the new Metropolis’ blue hoarding.
DF0D80B6-FF07-4288-AE79-02ACE003AC1F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back