News   Mar 28, 2024
 935     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 535     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 830     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I always liked the idea that they mandated happy, smiling, singing employees! Awesome! "You're going to sing! Sing for your supper preparing my supper! Now! Get to it! Lets hear some happy songs!'
Ah...."Sing! Sing or you're fired!" Ah! Licks ... and the burgers were OK, too.

Yonge needs better Christmas lights... (Yes, they are Christamas lights!)
TLS - man, what a shit building. Truly crap.

To put things in perspective re TLS/Metropolis, it dawned on me today that the King + Peter Holiday Inn was its early 90s counterpart, aesthetically and all...

Speaking of Lick's, are there any in the downtown area? I love that place, but the only locations I can think of are up in the 'burbs (ew).

Licks was south of Dundas. In fact it was on the south side of that block across from Hard Rock Cafe.

I'll third that. The top photo of the Sakamoto-Schreiber photo set shows where Licks was from about 1985. At the time the photo was taken, it was a Classic Bookstore.
Mr. Sub was on the N/E corner where TLS is, in fact about where Adidas will be at street level.

Yonge_Dundas-North2.jpg

There's a Lick's on Queen in the beaches.

I think the original Lick's is in the Beach. The closest one downtown is Spadina & Bloor.

To put things in perspective re TLS/Metropolis, it dawned on me today that the King + Peter Holiday Inn was its early 90s counterpart, aesthetically and all...

EWWWWWWWWWWW

Thanks for reminding me of that building.

Now I'll be having nightmares for the rest of the week.

So, aside from Yonge & Eg, Bloor and Spadina, and the Beach, plus various suburban locations, DS has completely obliterated Licks burgers!

I was told yesterday that all of the exiting stairwell is being completely removed.

Crew on site welding down steel plates over the existing opening.

A new 3m tunnel will connect the station to a new 3m opening that has been cut in TLS foundation wall.

Was told the reason for longer construction time frame had to do with TTC and the City.

Was told also VanBot's the original contractor did some screw ups that has also help to delay the time frame.

There's a Lick's at Bloor and Spadina? When did this happen? Here I am going to the one on Eglinton all this time. . .

Back