News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 566     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 863     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
So Toronto Life Sqare is a building, even though its got square in it? I thought Yonge/Dundas square was going to change its name or something upon completion of the Metropolis structure and the whole thing together would go under that name.

If they are separate developments or whatever, my mistake.

So Toronto Life Sqare is a building, even though its got square in it? I thought Yonge/Dundas square was going to change its name or something upon completion of the Metropolis structure and the whole thing together would go under that name.

so TLS is just a new name for Metropolis? and not the name of the whole square? TLS is just a building on the edge of DS? oh my.

Then again, it's probably a good thing that the city's not in the business of renaming public spaces to reflect the sponsorship of nearby multiplexes.

Views from TLS
2084709788_fe7a449796_b.jpg

2084704800_3e358116ed_b.jpg

2084703772_931eb8a510_b.jpg

New entrance between TLS and the subway. Looks like work has come to a halt again. It not wide enough and a little smaller than the stairwell.
2083917559_58897e15c5_b.jpg

2083916483_ec05257960_b.jpg

I have to admiit that Stinson's building looks very impressive looking south next to the Wellington tower. And there's a that tatty blue lighting again- maybe they'll have a better budget next year :rolleyes:

TLS: Best damn building standing where Licks Burgers used to be at Yonge and Dundas in the entire city of Toronto! !

We need to look at Oxford St in London and do that ---- trusses like for a stage, over the street, with stage-like lighting / club-like lighting /'vary lights?' that shine toward the night sky and flash on the sidewalks, etc.

There was no Licks where TLS is. I think you mean where Dundas Square now resides.

And as for your Canadiana being defined as a national hate-on for the USA, I think that's very 1990's.

Pretty sure Licks was on Yonge the north side of Dundas. I think there was a Mr. Sub around there, too... and a pizza place of some ill repute on Dundas right next to the subway exit/ entrance.

This millenium project is going to be done well within the next 12 -36 months!

Of course I'm not going to limit development to the turd Rock! Got a shovel in the ground on Mars- listen to Coast to Coast on AM 640 late at night- if you hear it there, it must be true!

What do you guys think about stage type lighting hanging off of overhead trusses on Yonge St south of Bloor? (like Oxford Street in London - hey!- Maybe then we can be world class!)

Back