News   Apr 24, 2024
 269     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 435     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 472     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
so did they finish the north-facing sign? anybody get pics?

i agree... a Whole Foods would be awesome in the basement level of TLS instead of yetanotherShoppersDrugMart. I'm thinking Whole Foods a la Union Square in NYC... i loved their super-efficient check out lines...

39395205_c7279a1fa4.jpg

Hun, "super-efficent" does NOT = Toronto, okay!

Sometimes I wish the Dominion at College Park would rearrange their checkouts similar to the style of the aforementioned Whole Foods. Everyone goes into the same line, and you proceed to the first available checkout. It's hell going there during rush hour to pick up a couple things and you end up waiting at least 15 minutes in the lineup and pray that the one next to you won't move faster and the people in front of you aren't dumbasses who will complain about a 5 cent discrepancy on the price of their apple.

True, Whole Foods probably wouldn't have a large enough market nearby... but definitely something more than the average Dominion or Loblaws... maybe a Longo's, like the one they put in in the basement of BCE.. err.. Brookfield Place.

Sometimes I wish the Dominion at College Park would rearrange their checkouts similar to the style of the aforementioned Whole Foods. Everyone goes into the same line, and you proceed to the first available checkout. It's hell going there during rush hour to pick up a couple things and you end up waiting at least 15 minutes in the lineup and pray that the one next to you won't move faster and the people in front of you aren't dumbasses who will complain about a 5 cent discrepancy on the price of their apple.

It's like that all day there. Later at night is the best time to go there but several sections are closed like the meat/fish market.

Okay, because all of these posts were completely off topic I am compiling them here, sorting it out, then we're getting back to the topic, which is Metropolis. Any further south-end grocery posts will be deleted from this thread.

There's a 24hr Dominion about 600 metres away at Church & Gould.

Edit: beaten by SeanTrans.

I don't like the mini-Sobey's at Queen's Quay Terminal. I really don't think Whole Foods / Fresh & Wild pricing can be justified at a place like Sobey's, and I really hope the one under Montage/Neo will have 905 prices. If they moved to Yonge & Dundas I'm sure they'd have to lower their prices to compete with the two nearby Dominions. Bring on the grocery wars! I'm still upset that Marks & Spencer withdrew from Canada.

There is going to have to be a price war in the grocery stores south of Front. There will be Sobeys at Fort York Blvd and Spadina, Loblaws at Maple Leaf Square, Loblaws Queens Quay Market at Jarvis, Sobeys in the Queens Quay Terminal, Rabba on Queens Quay, Rabba on Front and Blue Jays Way... So many grocery stores along the waterfront.

Totally off topic, but does anyone know when the loblaws at Maple Leaf Square is going to open. I am sick and tired of the crap they sell at dominion, I always have found loblaws slightly better.

I know an insider at Loblaws. Don't hold your breath as it will not be opening soon (if ever). Apparently they cannot engineer what they want to do with the building.

Wait a minute... I'm all confused here. Maple Leaf Square, or Maple Leaf Gardens? I know there's a knew grocery store at Maple Leaf Square (the condos by the ACC), but I thought it was Longo's instead of Loblaws.

Sorry, yes...I was taking about the Gardens.

Now this is taking this thread further OT but I couldn't resist: a grow-op in the Leaf Garden's? Would that be an appropriate market?

i'd buy in, that's for sure.

And the Loblaws at Lakeshore and Bathurst.

Here's what's going where:

Sobeys at Fort York Blvd and Spadina
Longo's at Maple Leaf Square
Loblaws at Lake Shore and Bathurst

Here's what already exists down there:

Loblaws Queens Quay Market at Jarvis
Sobeys in the Queens Quay Terminal
Rabba on Queens Quay
Rabba on Front and Blue Jays Way

So, back to Metropolis/Toronto Life Square...

From TheStar.com regarding this weekend's road closures:

"Yonge St. will be closed southbound and reduced to one lane northbound between Dundas and Edward sts. from Saturday at 7:30 a.m. until 7:30 Sunday night for a crane hoist."

I'm assuming this is to put up the rest of that backlit sign facing north. But that's a long time there.. maybe they'll be doing more? And did they typically close the southbound lanes and keep one lane northbound open? I thought it was the other way around.

"Yonge St. will be closed southbound and reduced to one lane northbound between Dundas and Edward sts. from Saturday at 7:30 a.m. until 7:30 Sunday night for a crane hoist."

I'm assuming this is to put up the rest of that backlit sign facing north. But that's a long time there.. maybe they'll be doing more? And did they typically close the southbound lanes and keep one lane northbound open? I thought it was the other way around.

That's strange. Perhaps some work or alteration is also being done on the media board on the west side of Yonge?

I noticed that the victoria street sidewalk isn't concrete. It is being finished with the same stones that line the east side of Victoria street. Red squares.

I'd really like to see them close down that lane between Dundas Square and the Hard Rock Cafe, and have a big patio spread out from the restaurant onto the square.

I was at the square today, and doesn't look like they've done anything to the north facing sign past what we've already seen. Guess they'll be working sat-sun, then?

Do you guys remember the old Metropolis renderings? The one with a crane mounted permanently on the roof of the Metropolis building??

metropolis24big.jpg

I believe there was an even bigger crane in another rendering.

Back