News   Apr 18, 2024
 214     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 536     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.9K     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Well the renderings still say Metropolis, I don't get that.

Have those roof treatments in "view 1" been added or modified since the last set of renderings? I don't remember them but I like them, they add a little more character to the structure.

It looks like there'll be less signage than originally planned. I guess they couldn't sell all the space?

Those renderings haven't changed since the Metropolis.ca website was put up.

The actual built form is looking very close to that rendering though, although the Futureshop corner sign and LED sign is missing in the rendering and the LED sign below the big screen has been replaced in reality by a small billboard.

I hope the movie poster signs are going up because the windows that it will cover are the only windows I don't like on the building.

Those renderings haven't changed since the Metropolis.ca website was put up.

The actual built form is looking very close to that rendering though, although the Futureshop corner sign and LED sign is missing in the rendering and the LED sign below the big screen has been replaced in reality by a small billboard.

I hope the movie poster signs are going up because the windows that it will cover are the only windows I don't like on the building.

Yes the renderings have definitely changed. I know the "faux advertisers" are mostly different. I think there are some minor design differences in the renderings, namely with the roof treatments hence my original question.

^ I disagree. The rendering has changed, but not for at least one year. Maybe more.

Look at the ads on the rendering: The Blackberry's are last year's models, the movies on the movie posters are two or more years old, the iPod is the model from two years ago, and the Escada fragrance is from two summers ago.

The site was last updated when Toronto Life was announced as having acquired the naming rights.

Some additional changes have been made to the built form, different from this rendering. Firstly, the billboards were externally lit in the rendering but are built as backlit (thankfully). Also, Some of the billboards are changed in size. The one closest to Victoria (Molson ad in the rendering) is small in the rendering, but has been prepared in the built form to be twice the height.

The ad I'm most looking forward to being installed is the tall central concave ad that will probably define the look of the building once installed.

The last time I went to the metropolis website a few months ago it did not show the ads which are currently rendered. So the renderings and website have changed. So I just spent half an hour looking back through metropolis threads here to make sure I haven't lost my mind and found different renderings posted last november. In answer to my own question, I can see that the roof treatments have changed a bit

http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=637&page=26

Looks the same to me as it did for the past year.
There is a lot of space that is not covered. Like on the far right at the top. Above the Molson ad.

Update from today. It looks like they're getting ready for another ad above the 30 days of night poster.

img3428cp2.jpg

img3429ot6.jpg

img3430bn8.jpg

img3431uy1.jpg

img3432ng3.jpg

img3433gi2.jpg

img3434yt9.jpg

img3435zl1.jpg

Nice pics, MC. What boggles my mind is that it looks pretty good already, and they have just begun to put up the ads.....

No doubt, the worst ad will be the one by PenInequity - even when the entire building is coated in them.

Thanks for all the recent updates, Marcanadian.

That would be the Trivision going in. Cooool!

The south and north (respectively) sign plans are below

TLS_signage.jpg

TSL_signage2.jpg

Update from today. It looks like they're getting ready for another ad above the 30 days of night poster.

^ Actually, the entire space above the backlit you referred to, and the LED screen, will be one huge contoured (curved) tri-vision... should look quite nice.
img3428cp2.jpg

Back