News   Apr 26, 2024
 547     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 396     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 584     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I wouldn't be surprised if the organ eventually rejects the patient.

Wylie, you may want to tell your guys to make sure there's plenty of inert padding separating the HPA fittings and the PE host.

Concourse 1

concourse1yj8.jpg
[/img]

Level 1

level1uv5.jpg

Level 2

level2pm6.jpg

Level 3

level3mk9.jpg

Level 4

level4pz8.jpg

Level 5

level5vp0.jpg

Level 6

level6fa2.jpg

I wonder if people will continue to use the Eaton Centre's dingy northern food court with this right across the street and a few escalators away?

Look how tiny some of those theatres are! I guess the largest ones are about the same dimensions as the AMC complexes in Mississauga and Oakville. I know Ryerson was planning to use some of AMC's theatre space for lectures (that information is about five or six years old).

If nothing else, PenEquity/AMC have a healthy respect for the history of this august intersection...does anyone else remember those tiny cinemas in the old Eaton Centre Cineplex Odeon? It was like watching a big-ish TV.

I didn't realise that there was going to be so much interior 'mall' space as a component of the project...I guess I assumed that above street level it would be mostly AMC. But I suppose this area is vibrant enough that it's unlikely to suck any life off of the street.

I'm happy to see an Adidas store--they have some very nice shops in the US. The one on Mass. Ave in Boston (Cambridge) is very cool.

Look how tiny some of those theatres are!

There's a half dozen theatres with about 100 seats but that makes perfect sense - good for medium sized Ryerson classes, good for smaller/older/independent movies, or any movie, really...I can't remember the last time I saw a movie with more than 30-40 other people in the theatre.

If nothing else, PenEquity/AMC have a healthy respect for the history of this august intersection...does anyone else remember those tiny cinemas in the old Eaton Centre Cineplex Odeon? It was like watching a big-ish TV.

IT wasn't like watching a big-ish TV...it was watching a big-ish TV (in some of the theatres anyways).

With 24 screens it's no surprise they have some of the tiny ones.

Is there any word on the lower 2 floors being rented out? Maybe Toys R Us being one of them?

I didn't realise that there was going to be so much interior 'mall' space as a component of the project...I guess I assumed that above street level it would be mostly AMC. But I suppose this area is vibrant enough that it's unlikely to suck any life off of the street.

So true, But it may kill some of the asian restaruants on yonge street. But the square as a whole, will likely remain a pedestrian madhouse. Also this project will spur more development to the square as well as draw more people to central downtown.

Those tiny cinemas you're seeing aren't that tiny actually. The plans only show one floor's worth of seating, whereas each cinema will take up two floor's worth of space. Fear not, those rooms will all be a similar size to the megaplex screens you're used to...

...I mean, look at the size of this mother from the outside. You won't be watching movies in a shoebox.

So true, But it may kill some of the asian restaruants on yonge street. But the square as a whole, will likely remain a pedestrian madhouse. Also this project will spur more development to the square as well as draw more people to central downtown.

I think Asian restaurants in the TLS foodcourt will have a hard time surviving with Salad King right around the corner. That place is an unstoppable juggernaut of Thai cuisine. Line-ups out to the street every day.

Being an AMC theatre, there will be a mix of theatre sizes if the same system is used as the other complexes in the GTA. There will be a few theatres with <100 seats, some around 120-175, and then 4 or 6 giants with possibly 400+ seats.

Back