News   Apr 16, 2024
 189     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 681     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 476     3 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date

Not that I will give the property manager for 10 Dundas East this much hope but this could look really cool if they continued the LED billboard on the other side, forming an undulating screen.

I'm sure the printed billboards will inevitably be covered in screens as that becomes the ad type in demand and the highest revenue generator per sq/ft of ad space. Static billboards generate less revenue for the ad space owner because a) they're not as flashy and get less attention and b) the brand has to spend a pretty large sum of capital printing and installing the ads, money that could be going to the building owner for virtually no setup cost if it were digital.

Apparently Gord Martineau himself convinced Ted Rogers that this is where City-TV should move to. Ted was originally set on One Mount Pleasant.

At the time they were probably thinking along the lines of 299 Queen Street West where they had the ground floor studios in the heart of downtown. One Mount Pleasant was not really suitable for their format at the time.

I would not be surprised if City TV downsized and moved there anyway.

Two more rows to go. The screens are on, although very dimly lit.
925E6824-ED7A-4D77-B30B-DCBE402C7DC1.jpeg
BCB4117F-105D-4A37-9235-114359B608DA.jpeg

Last edited:
The screen was on and running normal ads today. From the format of the ads it looks like this screen might be completed and the remaining space will be a separate display of some kind? It's actually a bit underwhelming as it's pretty dim right now and it doesn't look very large next to all the other screens.

Last edited:
The light is bouncing off the CF building, then boucning off that and creating shadows & flicker on my wall. Blinds closed now, and I'm on Wellesley St.!

Back