News   Apr 25, 2024
 116     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 314     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 507     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I have bet a friend that in eight years' time this building known as Toronto Life Square won't be standing. I have bet that its whole block will be redeveloped, due largely to the land value. I wouldn't be surprised if PenEquity is very interested in a flip.

You could expect to see the signage theme applied to a new building on the site, however.

The bet stakes are not that high, just a really good steak :D dinner.

And if not ads, maybe Michael Snow's Skydome sculptures can be inserted here in the event that Skydome's ever brought down...

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree that's a good idea.

Given what everyone thinks of this building, Michael Snow's "Audience" would be an appropriate addition to TLS.

audience.jpg

I have bet a friend that in eight years' time this building known as Toronto Life Square won't be standing. I have bet that its whole block will be redeveloped, due largely to the land value. I wouldn't be surprised if PenEquity is very interested in a flip.

You could expect to see the signage theme applied to a new building on the site, however.

The bet stakes are not that high, just a really good steak :D dinner.

So in 8 Years , a building which took 10 Years to build, will be torn down. Even though it cost at least 100 Million to build plus the cost of land. How much do you think PenEquity would have to get to consider the flip? And if it "was" profitable wouldn't that encourage them (i.e PenEquity) to do it again, somewhere else, maybe Bloor Street across from the new ROM Museum.

So in 8 Years , a building which took 10 Years to build, will be torn down. Even though it cost at least 100 Million to build plus the cost of land. How much do you think PenEquity would have to get to consider the flip? And if it "was" profitable wouldn't that encourage them (i.e PenEquity) to do it again, somewhere else, maybe Bloor Street across from the new ROM Museum.

100 million bucks for it? I don't think so! Regardless of what anyone actually thinks of what this work contributes -- if it cost 100 million bucks then it came in about 3 times over what it is actually worth and several people got taken to the cleaners.

But irrespective of all of that, the bet stands. It will be gone, that is what I bet. The contents of the building are not as befits the land and location, and given that it is now being eyed as the new 'gateway to Ryerson', and seeing as the design of it stands in the way of all of that ... it will be gone.

?
100 million bucks for that bit of construction? Naaaah.

adidas put in their window displays today, and they give an April 2008 opening date. Peeking into the store it actually looks kind of cool. And there's been quite a lot of work done a couple doors to the North

edit: They finally updated their leasing plan. That unit to the North where I noticed all the work being done is going to be a Chipotle. That's a Canadian first, no? By the looks of it they'll be open way before the Johnny Rockets

adidas put in their window displays today, and they give an April 2008 opening date. Peeking into the store it actually looks kind of cool. And there's been quite a lot of work done a couple doors to the North

edit: They finally updated their leasing plan. That unit to the North where I noticed all the work being done is going to be a Chipotle. That's a Canadian first, no? By the looks of it they'll be open way before the Johnny Rockets

Yes, window displays and the store look great! I would say they are aiming to open mid April. They are also beginning to open the facade above the adidas store for their signage (I'm assuming).

Chioptle! Yes this would be there first location outside the US...

wow, it's beginning to take shape.

Yes, window displays and the store look great! I would say they are aiming to open mid April. They are also beginning to open the facade above the adidas store for their signage (I'm assuming).

Chioptle! Yes this would be there first location outside the US...

wow, it's beginning to take shape.

Add another person happy with the window displays to that list. Starbucks should be opening soon!

the final ad is up on that corner panel. however, it's just an ad for toronto life and not an actual product.

Back