News   Apr 24, 2024
 935     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 613     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I remember some my first few Leaf games at MLG and how much I hated the subway because of the screeching. Those were the days.

Yeah it was pretty simple to get the the game via subway. However, when my Dad and I would drive in we'd park east of Sherbourne at some sketchy parking lot and walk (what seemed like) forever to get to the gardens. Looking back, I'm not sure it was the best parenting for my dad to force his young kid to trape through the snow and underwelming neighbourhood just to save a few bucks on parking. But looking back, it also helped me love Toronto more.

Then again, as a kid I also had nightmares about MSG washrooms. Remember those troughs? Basically as many men as possible would line up on those things, shoulder to shoulder to pee on the wall and as a boy (short in height) I'd have to fight way my into that que... (I won't continue this story).

Based on that trough system alone, no one should be happy to claim themselves as the architech of MLG :cool:

As for TLS, I think we'd be lucky to have the tri-vision up by next March.

Then again, as a kid I also had nightmares about MSG washrooms. Remember those troughs? Basically as many men as possible would line up on those things, shoulder to shoulder to pee on the wall and as a boy (short in height) I'd have to fight way my into that que...

You know what... I think you have found the reason why I avoid public washrooms at all costs! I HATED those.

So did anybody get any shots of the third piece of the tri-vision? Looking at previous photos, I assume that there are six more to go. Correct?

In all it's splendor....

PICT1069.jpg

They actually got something done during the crazy snowstorm? Wow.. almost done.

That SHARP sign sold me on a TV. lol I've been a Sonyphile all my life. When I was walking up to the new FutureShop, the SHARP sign stuck in my mind when I got to the showroom floor. I ended getting a 42" AQUOS and I couldn't be any happier

They actually got something done during the crazy snowstorm? Wow.. almost done.

That SHARP sign sold me on a TV. lol I've been a Sonyphile all my life. When I was walking up to the new FutureShop, the SHARP sign stuck in my mind when I got to the showroom floor. I ended getting a 42" AQUOS and I couldn't be any happier

I always base my entire decision making process on the most recent advertisement I've seen that day when spending more than $1,600 on a TV.

lol...it wasn't exactly like that.

I had been researching LCD tv's for months before buying. Instead of going by online catalogues of TV mumbo jumbo, I learned about what makes LCD tv's better than one another, what MUST HAVEs I wanted and then would make my decision while looking at the tv's side by side instead of on some website.

Nonetheless, I was pretty much set on getting a SONY like every other TV I've bought for the past 20 years. I just wasn't sure which SONY.

Once I saw the SHARP sign outside, it reminded me about what people had said about the AQUOS so instead of just choosing amongst the SONY's, I looked at the SHARP's and I was impressed enough with the one that I bought to end the SONY dynasty in my home.

I bought a Westinghouse for dirt cheap (relatively) at Best Buy several months ago... and it has been great... of course I bought it with research, and the number of positive reviews on them was astounding, compared to a fair number of negative review you get with the more mainstream "upscale" brands.

^ Just think how happy you guys are and double it. That's how happy you would have been with a Bravia. :D

I'm enjoying high quality sports viewing on a recently purchases 37" Samsung, no complaints. Triple the Bravia experience, probably ;)

If anything though, that Sharp advertisement would prevent me from buying their products. For such a high tech company they really cheesed out on a low-tech sign. C'mon.

Yeah, based on signs alone I'm compelled to buy from LG. Their ad makes Sharp's look like a pathetic piece of crap.

haha... that's true. I did have LG in mind but I didn't have the best experience with an LG computer display some time ago so I skipped them.

SHARP's sign looks temporary. It was put up pretty quickly after that ad space became available. Look at how bad the ScotiaBank Theatre signs looked at first. Aside from the name of the theatre itself, the signs look gorgeous now.

There might also be a problem with the license for that ad. The city approved a backlit, not a special "lit logo" (don't know what they're really called) sign.

I certainly hope that whatever goes on the tri-vision, it isnt mostly white. There are FAR TOO MANY white ads on this building. We needs COLOUR

Back