1 Yonge Street (Star Building)

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
What's all this then? Lots of details!

1 YONGE STREET
Site Plan Approval

site plan approval application to convert existing vacant production plant and mail facility indoor parking garage.

Application Number 10 306318 STE 28 SA Application Status ---
Planner Name
Phone Number --- Status Date ---
Community Meeting Date --- Date Received Dec 1, 2010
Proposed Non-Residential GFA (sq m) ---

Proposed Residential GFA (sq m) ---

Lot Size (sq m) ---

Proposed Residential Units ---

Proposed Storeys ---

Huh. I always thought that the Toronto Star property had plenty of room for additional intensification, including room for several high-rise towers.

Well, that is what the proposed conversion is at present. No word on what they are planning to do with it.

Although there is this 2004 City planning document with this massing study:

ScreenShot021.jpg

Although this was written before the current building boom, and concurrent increase in building heights, really got going. Given the increased heights in new projects in the area surrounding it, the current expectations might be taller.

Last edited:
That's the trifecta. We now have development threads going for the Star building, the Sun building and the Globe & Mail building.

Not just that in the last weeks a couple of them have risen from the dead...Signature, 45 Bay, Skyline, i just think we are all craving for some more office building projects and also some more 200+ meter buildings that have not been proposed here in Toronto lately. Well, we will just have to wait and see whats in store for 2011.

Last edited:
I like to see parking and vacant parcels developed. Height is good, really good, but, I don't need 200 metre proposals to raise the flag. I also think we have more than enough office proposals. It would be much nicer to see a few break ground.

BTW, this is fantastic news

Last edited:

Back