News   Apr 16, 2024
 149     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 338     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 697     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3072791001_aaee8807d5_b.jpg

And so it begins: "Metropolis 2--The Interlude"

Apparently 1 Bloor sent out a memo saying that the agreement of purchase and sale states the Condition Date for satisfying the economic viability was December 15, 2008 and now it has been changed to March 15, 2009.

Certainly sounds like there is trouble brewing in paradise. I don't know legal issues like this but wouldn't they have satisfied viability if they had sold enough units and had the funding in place already?

now this sounds like 'creditable' information .... thanks asiancolossus ... would be REALLY nice if any 1BE purchaser could provide / scan copy of this memo .... then we can be certain BAZIS is standing on shakey grounds ~ :eek:

Last edited:
What exactly does:
"the agreement of purchase and sale states the Condition Date for satisfying the economic viability was December 15, 2008 and now it has been changed to March 15, 2009"

mean / imply?

didn't LVT have problem satisfying this condition previously?? my understanding of the "economic viability" condition is a combination of

(a) sufficient % of units sold
(b) construction financing

well ... at least that was the case with Solaris

You know I wonder if this could be similar to the situation at Shangrila ... in which they needed permits issued by the city before a certain date to secure financing (Or simply to retain it).

Maybe whomever is providing financing needs to be assured that this project will get all the permits it requires.

You'd think sales are not an issue for this project.

You know I wonder if this could be similar to the situation at Shangrila ... in which they needed permits issued by the city before a certain date to secure financing (Or simply to retain it).

Maybe whomever is providing financing needs to be assured that this project will get all the permits it requires.

You'd think sales are not an issue for this project.

No, MikeinTO already went over this a few pages ago in the shangri-la thread remember?

That isn't typically within the scope of an arrangement that developers or their financial backers engage in. Obviously capital won't flow if approvals aren't in place for construction to commence, but it's highly unlikely that a couple fairly simple outstanding permits are causing any financial institutions to become skittish. There are other factors at play.

What exactly does:
"the agreement of purchase and sale states the Condition Date for satisfying the economic viability was December 15, 2008 and now it has been changed to March 15, 2009"

mean / imply?

Well, I am a purchaser at Malibu... and I remember getting a letter exactly like this about two years ago. As I recall it means they want to extend the period in which they can cancel the building without any recourse. They usually take this extended period to increase sales before breaking ground. From my understanding this is usually just a technicality and just done to buy time before pumping more money into the project.

Maybe a financier has come back and said they need 70% or 80% sales before they get the next chunk of change? Thats pure speculation and I am not sure if it is even valid though...

Being that it is a chain, can't all Harvey's be your favourite Harvey's?

being formerly in the area ... it was devastating to loose both Harveys in the area on Bloor at the same time (due to 1 Bedford + 1BE)

Those condos were significant because they brought back the age-old tradition of blockbusting. Roy's square was like Toronto's Hutong.

They have closed many across the city,I would say that soon Harveys will be a fastfood chain of the past.

Believe it or not, there are many Harveys locations outside of downtown Toronto ;)

I have seen others close, but I don't think it's disappearing by any means.

There's a lot of harvey's downtown. TLS, Eaton, Commerce court, Go station to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back