News   Apr 18, 2024
 645     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.6K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah that number does seem low, the last I looked at the price list they had quite a selection of suites available still .... hopefully they didn't mean

About 70 % of the planned 612 condo units remain unsold ...

^Seventy percent unsold? That would have guaranteed no financing.

This has clearly become the new "Trump" of speculation.

No other thread on this forum has been this full of "baseless speculation and poorly-informed opinion". And its certainly not the reason I am on this board. In fact, increasingly, because of the "poorly-informed opinion" and endless comments more appropriately belonging in the real estate threads, my favourite board has become a little less interesting.

Indeed so. Reasonable speculation is one thing, completely baseless and irresponsible speculation or spreading of rumours which have no foundation in reality is another thing entirely. We saw too much of the latter on this thread especially.

For some reason which I have not yet figured out, this project seems to have become *the* lightning rod for the doom and gloom crowd, who apparently would derive some kind of pleasure from seeing it fail.

Why I want it to fail: it's ugly architecture sticking its head out above the towers of Toronto.

Why I want it to be built: I've got an amazing view of Yorkville from my current place; aka, front row seats to watch it rise!

Why I don't care what happens either way: I have zero money involved in either a)Toronto or b)this specific development.

Rumours are fun, just like on the stock market.:D

Its 70 out of 612...

Really 70 seems a lot but it is 88.5 % sold...

Really rumors are great and it's vital on here as not everything is always confirmed until months after the rumor started and by than you can read it everywhere.

The planet is spiraling into a cataclysmic financial typhoon and you indignant fools are debating whether to sanctify information about this ridiculous and absurd condo project that's been long since proven accurate?

G'evnin' to you all and may you awake from your delusional slumber tomorrow.

Just to provide you with a little context to your hyperbole, typhoons are a terrestrial phenomena, so the planet can't be spinning into one.

As for what's going on in the world (or on it), like you, we can all read newspaper headlines.

And good evening to you too, Mr. Bubble.

Well, if the 70 available units left are the large upper units (which they probably are), then only 60-70% of the total square footage is pre-sold. The developer is also foreign with no proven track record of buildings actually built in Canada.

If there was ever a building to talk about failing, unfortunately this is the one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back