News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 634     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting. I thought there would be a little more flash in the podium, but it will likely evolve somewhat once they get an anchor tenant. The "urban/suburban rooftop oasis" is great but I can't make out what those glass pods are. Any ideas?

Yes, these pics are from today. I think they were doing groups of people every fifteen minutes.

Here's one more pic below... I couldn't seem to get back far enough to get the entire model in the frame.

Agreed, the base at street level looks rather blah... especially the Bloor St. side. Also, (I know it's just a model) but it looks like the sidewalks are ultra skinny... not much room for the anticipated hordes of pedestrian traffic.

The glass pods are cabanas.

DSCN1461.jpg

It is registered preview by appointment this week, not to public yet.
On Nov 24 (yesterday), from their sales board, from what the sales guy said, all other units are sold out.

They only have 30 + units left. Two or three under 60 floor, all others are from floor 61 to 79.

The North east corner Passion 1105 (830 sq ft) was Floor 61 - $840,900 and Floor 62 - $841,900
Today they have new price $843,900 for this unit on Floor 62. (up $2000 from yesterday)

The bigger one Dream 1940 (1560 sq ft) Nothe West corner unit floor 76 price was $2,199,900 yesterday and it is $2,299,900 today. (up $100,000 from yesterday)

Yes, it looks the prices increased $100,000 - $200,000 for small units since their pre inner sales (much more for bigger units and higher floor).

Wow there goes the 1000 dollar a square foot barrier! Looking at the original price list though Passion 1105 goes only until the 59th floor, Dream series goes into the 60s, perhaps they have tweaked the floor plans since the original plans came out? I can't imagine that when the sales finally do become public that there will be many under a million at this rate.

Hey great photos...which makes me ask some detailed questions and suggestions for improvement.

1. Are there suites in the central core (the vertical concrete feature) or is that the service corridor?

2. What is the average networth of those folks in the sales centre--I wanna get some of their "magic." ??

comments:

1. A pity the north and south balconies aren't glass (aka Spire-like) or even no balconies--looks cheesy and fussy.

2. Notice a few podium pillars are angled (like Clewes@Clear Spirits.)

3. Bare concrete vertical shaft leading to fins? Streaky dirty cheapness in 30 years potential.... Get some kind of art feature or engraving going on here!

4. Dreary conservative colour palette at this intersection yet again? Depressing.

5. Even though I'm not a fan of the detailing this building is still much better than that fussy suburban Aura thing....

The only change is they entented the floor plan 40-61 floor to 5 more floors. It means changed floor plan of floor 62-66 to be same as floor 40-61. So they have some same models coming out from 62-66 floor.
The prices increased a lot from one month ago and still incresed from yesterday to today.
Probably they don't need to open to public at all. They might be able to sell everything before that, if all information that the sales board provided is correct and true.

UrbanDreamer... the vertical sections on the north and south sides are also enclosed balconies (what they're calling "linais")

I think the podium pillars have just been bumped around on the model... I'm sure they're supposed to be upright... and good question about the balconies... I wonder as well what material they'll be using.

Actually, good question.... I was just thinking, didn't we used to call these "solariums" in the 90s?

From what I can tell, these enclosed rooms won't be truly enclosed (they are not sealed to the outside cold, etc...)

DSCN1260.jpg

DSCN1259.jpg

So basically it looks like two sets of sliding glass panels. In other words a balcony with a sliding panel. You'd think they would insulate it in order for it to become useable space even in the winter.

Anyone have a spare 800K lying around? I sure would love to live in this building!:p Lotto 649 or Super7, which one would I have a better shot at? ;)

GB: I think the white slab/crown above the roof and below the fins (the part that looks terrifyingly similar to pre-cast) is actually ceramic tile.

I'm also assuming that the opaque whites and greys on the east and west side reference the "etched" glass (the outer glazing was described as a mix of etched and transparent glass).

Perhaps the opaque balconies on the north and south elevations also reference the etched glass.

Casaguy?

I have to agree with Investor on this one. I think the majority of people buying into this development don't know what they are doing. Just because someone throws 800k at a condo doesn't mean they are smart people. I'd say that 75% or more of the buyers in this condo are investors who are stupid enough to think that this condo location will demand a premium of double the surrounding condo developments. It's not like this condo is being built on a place like central park or some extraordinary feature of the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back