Ïce Condos (Lanterra Developments, Cadillac Fairview) - Real Estate -

My suite in CityPlace has better finishes! These look more like the "investor package" options that were offered at Luna, not the standard packages. We have better cabinets, better fixtures, better tile, and a better backsplash IMO. I like the appliances, but those are easy to replace.

My interest in living there would be the building itself. Great location, great looking building. The interior finishes though, I'd be making a lot of changes once moving in. Not having to make any changes is part of the reason I bought at Luna.

That's what I've been trying to say here. The finishes are crap compared to the price paid. Cityplace finishes are better looking. Their upgrade is like a downgrade at cityplace. They charged extra for thermofoil cupboards which are downgrades at CP.

Ãce Condominiums at York Centre - Standard Finishes

[The aforementioned images represent investor units on the initial levels]

○ 9’ Smooth ceilings w/rough-in set to achieve coffered design [11’ on Penthouse level]
○ Balcony and/or Juliet balcony available in every floor-plan
○ Selection of engineered hardwood as standard [2]
○ Integrated appliances w/coordinating fascia or exposed stainless steel
○ Granite kitchen counter choices [2]
○ Selection of upper cabinet designs [2]
○ Bathroom marble [Counter/Floor/Tub-surround]
○ Bathroom sinks available as standard [3]
○ Thermofoil cabinet finishes - Standard [Attachment]
○ Initial price PSF - $534.
○ Increase per residential level - $1,000.
0.jpg

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 1,057
Completed my 1st PDI at ICE - I am very pleased with the finishes of the suite and the quality of construction. Something I can honestly say have not seen from Lanterra until this PDI (and I have done many PDI's on Lanterra product) I only had 3-4 items on my PDI - compared to about 3 pages at MLS

Finishes are far superior to anything in the area.. comparable to Charlie and 300 Front and from my experience, we could see resales easily in the $700+ a foot range. I actually read something about a comparison to Cityplace which is an absolute joke to compare to this building. I didn't even bother reading the rest of that post.

Common areas are still a bit rough but should look really good when done, especially with the super high ceilings and floor to ceiling glass and white marble floors all over.

Last edited:
Ice 1.jpg
Ice 2.jpg
Ice 3.jpg
Ice 4.jpg
Ice 5.jpg
Ice 6.jpg
Ice 7.jpg
Ice 8.jpg
Ice 9.jpg
Ice 10.jpg
Ice 11.jpg

Attachments

• Ice 1.jpg
    Ice 1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 968
  • Ice 2.jpg
    Ice 2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 952
  • Ice 3.jpg
    Ice 3.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 948
  • Ice 4.jpg
    Ice 4.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 931
  • Ice 5.jpg
    Ice 5.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 940
  • Ice 6.jpg
    Ice 6.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 945
  • Ice 7.jpg
    Ice 7.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 931
  • Ice 8.jpg
    Ice 8.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 958
  • Ice 9.jpg
    Ice 9.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 946
  • Ice 10.jpg
    Ice 10.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 928
  • Ice 11.jpg
    Ice 11.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 945
The interiors look dated compared to those found in newer projects because they were most likely designed 4 to 5 years ago. However, the quality of material used in the suites doesn't seem bad at all. The interiors may not have been very thoughtfully designed (i.e. tiny kitchens) but I wouldn't call them cheap.

Yes, this thing was designed years ago but that doesn't excuse the dated finishes and design. Lanterra has been using that same ugly pink granite counter for years in all of their projects. There are lesser projects built 5 years ago that still look newer than the interiors of this project. The interiors don't even go with the exterior or common areas. Exterior = modern/futuristic. Interior = suburbs. This is a Lanterra thing.

I think you guys are overreacting...the finishes really aren't all that bad compared to other newish condos.

Yes the granite colour is dated but granite backsplashes, wall ovens, panelled dishwashers and panelled fridges are not.

I think you guys are overreacting...the finishes really aren't all that bad compared to other newish condos.

Yes the granite colour is dated but granite backsplashes, wall ovens, panelled dishwashers and panelled fridges are not.

Not really over reacting. The prices at Ice were pretty high back when it was being sold. Also, this doesn't live up to their model suite they advertise. They advertise modern and produce mediocre.

It can be pretty bad. Their interiors look dated unless you get an upgrade. And their kitchen appears to be one size fits all. No matter if you buy a studio or a 3 bedroom, you're getting the same kitchen. That said, the outside does look pretty nice.

]28868[/ATTACH]

well the units are not that bad actually. just last week my brother and i saw one condo in ice and it wasn't that bad. it was much better than the one you showed.

That is one small Kitchen.

Seems we can get as much functional space (or more) as from an RV

A2SW7Cu.jpg

RV Photo (from eBay seller)

Back