Ïce Condos (Lanterra Developments, Cadillac Fairview) - Real Estate -

Awesome... Thanks Solaris.
There is a tent that appeard on the lot 2 days ago... they were moving tables and chairs inside... any idea what this is? When is the broker preview?

2694150355_65bcb37c48_o.jpg

Funny how this project is met with such enthusiasm.

I remember over in the cityplace thread in the real estate forum, many of the regulars were saying things like "omgwtf who would want to live in a building sandwiched between the gardiner and the railway tracks!! oh teh horror!!"

How exactly is this project any different?

as a wise man once said .... if you build it, they will come

I guess ICE being a downtown Toronto condo in a central location next to the CBD & Union Station, this project will sell well

I believe the first 'priority' VIP Broker Sale date was July 10th, the tent may be the subsequent agent previews

Any idea how the sale went?

They took the tent down... it was there for just two days.

The initial VIP broker's release was...insane.

They received 900 requests for only 400 units (that they released).

Apparently life between the Gardiner and Front st ain't all that bad!

I was there while the tent was up, since my family and I are purchasing a one bedroom suite at the foot of one of the towers.

They were moving tables and chairs into the tent for the clients and agents to enjoy a massive BBQ lunch that lasted the whole day. It was set up as a place for people to relax until they were called into to complete final paperwork about their suites. This includes signing about a 40 page contract and handing over all necessary cheques.

The whole day was absolute chaos. People, inside the office, were literally up against the wall signing their contracts because there wasn't much room to move around.

The initial VIP broker's release was...insane.

They received 900 requests for only 400 units (that they released).

Apparently life between the Gardiner and Front st ain't all that bad!

lol, they always say the same thing, when the VIP broker's release for Charlie Condos, all the agents said that there were not enough units for all the purchasers...so you think all the units are gone.....last week I went to the Charlie sales office and they told me that they are just 50% sold.......900 requests???, please, why agents are always trying to confuse people?

Because they want you to buy a unit from them, that's why! Also developers release units in stages to make it seem like the supply is more limited than it really is.

carturo15 and DarnDirtyApe:

You're both correct, developers release units in stages, and claims about how much of a project has been sold are always inflated.

but...

Supply is not the issue here, it is supply and demand at a given price point.

Bottom line, if you aren't picky about what price you pay for a unit, you will never have a problem finding one! :)

Hi everyone,
Does anyone have the updated price list for Ice condos? I think they are releasing or have already released more units. Thanks!

ICE

Solaris? ... They have the tent up again today with BBQ, so they've probably released something new

sorry can't be of any help ... I tried to visit the sales office on Saturday without an agent and the staff just shut me out completely ... how rude ~

sorry can't be of any help ... I tried to visit the sales office on Saturday without an agent and the staff just shut me out completely ... how rude ~

Same thing happened to me!
Big deal. I've been thrown out of fancier sales offices than theirs.

Back