Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

What's been built looks nothing like that.

It sort of does. There's a single recessed mechanical box which raises to roughly 3 residential floors. What has been built is slightly taller but that certainly does not preclude Lanterra from adding the glass fins and bonnie chapeau when they're ready.

Maybe when the forms come out it the mechanical penthouse will look a little more delicate à la rendering, but at the moment it looks quite robust compared with the relative lightness of the rendered design. I know the superstructure in nearly never considered when making the renderings, but maybe it's the degree to which this appears to me to be out of sync that has me muttering.

Maybe when the forms come out it the mechanical penthouse will look a little more delicate à la rendering, but at the moment it looks quite robust compared with the relative lightness of the rendered design. I know the superstructure in nearly never considered when making the renderings, but maybe it's the degree to which this appears to me to be out of sync that has me muttering.

UrbanOptic commented on the rendering he posted that "the revised canopy element and balcony glass is much improved from this rendering" so perhaps we should be expecting a more dramatic departure from the rendering.

La base. From a bus, on a gardiner, out of a cellphone.

These are rather arbitrary, but since the view won't be the same in a year, why not?

IMG_20130612_161727_zpsabf56b1e.jpg

IMG_20130612_161733_zps9a8e4bfc.jpg

IMG_20130612_161744_zps6217e938.jpg

Perhaps some clarification; The image posted was captured during a preliminary viewing of the second generation model. The canopy element and balcony glass have been revised since this image was taken.

UrbanOptic commented on the rendering he posted that "the revised canopy element and balcony glass is much improved from this rendering" so perhaps we should be expecting a more dramatic departure from the rendering.

From the bus photos above, it looks like a PATH +15 wraps around the core and extends to Infinity... how is it going to link in to the PATH network? To the south - to Southcore, or to the east - to Maple Leaf Square? More bridges, or tunnels?

ICE will connect to MLS via underground tunnel ... current plans show escalator & elevator connections in ICE's public concourse

Ice Condominiums at York Centre will connect to the PATH via Maple Leaf Square.

From the bus photos above, it looks like a PATH +15 wraps around the core and extends to Infinity... how is it going to link in to the PATH network? To the south - to Southcore, or to the east - to Maple Leaf Square? More bridges, or tunnels?

Thanks Solaris. And good to know that it will be underground rather that above. Southern downtown has been starting to look like mid-west city with all of those bridges.

A white steel structure is now being assembled around the top three mechanical floors, starting on the NE side. My camera zoom isn't good enough to get a decent picture though.

A white steel structure is now being assembled around the top three mechanical floors, starting on the NE side. My camera zoom isn't good enough to get a decent picture though.

The glass "fins" are now going up around the perimeter of the roof so that the glazing can eventually extent above the parapet.

Even with just the white steel frame up it's a nice effect.

I took few pictures, will upload them later... just to tell you that it is absolutely different to what we are expecting to see.

I took few pictures, will upload them later... just to tell you that it is absolutely different to what we are expecting to see.

No it's not. Every rendering we've seen shows glass fins that go above roof level.

What remains to be seen is what the final roof feature itself will look like.

Back