Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

From the Councillor's office:
Meeting Invitation
Planning Application for 260-270 and 274-322 King Street West
For your information, please see this attached invitation from City Planning to a public consultation meeting regarding a planning application for 260-270 and 274-322 King Street West.

Date: May 27, 2014
Time: Open House 6-7 p.m.; Presentation and Q&A 7:15-8:30 p.m.
Place: Metro Hall, 55 John Street, Room 304 for Open House, Room 308-309 for Presentation

The Princess of Wales Theatre is saved. it looks some some of the heritage buildings are saved as well.

Last edited:
Gone, also looks like they shortened one of the towers

Hmm. It's hard to tell from the photo in the Star which is linked above. It looks to me as if there still is a third tower which is much shorter, perhaps in the forty plus storey range, and about the same height as the surrounding towers of the district. That is, there is a third structure unless it is a sort of extension on the tallest tower. It is hard to judge from the angle. Then there is the very tall tower, perhaps still in the eighties and one still considerably taller than the neighbouring structures, perhaps in the sixties range.

@lizchurchto 55s
Breaking: David Mirvish + Frank Gehry have redesigned their Toronto condo project It's now 2 towers instead of 3, Theatre + warehouses saved

Tara Perkins ‏@taraperkins 3m
One of the towers in the new proposal for the Mirvish/Gehry project would now be 92 storeys high

Tara Perkins ‏@taraperkins 3m
David Mirvish and Frank Gehry have redesigned their Toronto condo project in an effort to win city approval, it's now 2 towers instead of 3

Man, if those Star pictures are the new designs then bleh, they screwed the pooch. This damn city...

I'm glad some of the heritage buildings were saved, and the two towers still look fairly tall, but what happened to the designs? These aren't nearly as complex or interesting as the original model. That big white tower was my favourite and now it seems to be gone entirely.

Tara Perkins ‏@taraperkins 4m
One of the towers in the new proposal for the Mirvish/Gehry project would now be 92 storeys high pic.twitter.com/V0djHJXeZq

Boq_YNJIcAAiBRI.jpg

Back