News   Apr 24, 2024
 223     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.3K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 619     0 

Marshalls

I give it a year, and you will! :)

hmm, isn't sobey's at cityplace nearly full size and a little bit closer ?

There are many smaller grocery stores in the area, but yea it'd be nice to have a full size one.

I give it a year, and you will! :)

hmm, isn't sobey's at cityplace nearly full size and a little bit closer ?

There are many smaller grocery stores in the area, but yea it'd be nice to have a full size one.

The Sobeys at Queens Quay Terminal is actually like 0.3 km closer to me at Boutique Condos, than the Cityplace one. They're mid size stores I guess, but barely. Even still, when it's freezing cold or really hot out, it's not an option to walk home with 2 or 3 bags of groceries. Metro on Front st is also too far. Longos is basically just slightly closer than the others. And the new Loblaws on Queen will be about the same distance as the others. They keep building them all just the same distance from where I live. Bad luck I say! Haha. I don't know if we'll ever see a mid-full size grocery store in the entertainment district, even with all of the new condos.

The Sobeys at Queens Quay Terminal is actually like 0.3 km closer to me at Boutique Condos, than the Cityplace one. They're mid size stores I guess, but barely. Even still, when it's freezing cold or really hot out, it's not an option to walk home with 2 or 3 bags of groceries. Metro on Front st is also too far. Longos is basically just slightly closer than the others. And the new Loblaws on Queen will be about the same distance as the others. They keep building them all just the same distance from where I live. Bad luck I say! Haha. I don't know if we'll ever see a mid-full size grocery store in the entertainment district, even with all of the new condos.

I think the majority of us would have guessed a grocery store before a Marshalls :) ... it's only a matter of time - hmm, now the good question is what location would work.

I think the majority of us would have guessed a grocery store before a Marshalls :) ... it's only a matter of time - hmm, now the good question is what location would work.

Club XS maybe? Sorry this thread has gone way off topic.

I do wonder how well Marshalls will do at this location though. Many people shopping on Queen West, don't really leave Queen West and venture south.

Club XS maybe? Sorry this thread has gone way off topic.

I do wonder how well Marshalls will do at this location though. Many people shopping on Queen West, don't really leave Queen West and venture south.

You would think such a large company would have a done a lot of research prior to selecting this particularly location.
Either they know something we don't or are very much making a play on the fact that this entire area is going to see a lot more new development over the next 10 years or so bringing in a lot of people.

This is likely the case but will it actually justify it, not too sure - personally I think it's a rather odd combination and location really and I can't see them doing well - but this is based on what I know of the street / intersection today - maybe not what it'll be like in the next couple of years.

btw they also mentioned that this would be there last location opening i.e. late in 2011 maybe early 2012 ? Either way ... not sure what I'd have liked to see there - a club would be ideal really, maybe 2 though not one large on - or a restaurant, I think there are better locations for grocery stores.

I really hope the John street makeover goes ahead soon though that will help the area out a lot.

There's a full-size Loblaws being built at Queen & Portland, walking distance from here.

When Marshalls opens, there'll be a lot of shoppers. That's the hope for this neighbourhood in general, anyway.

At least by the time this one opens , the other Marshalls in the GTA will have helped to create a buzz.

Ugh Marshalls?! I now live in LA, and even though this city is littered with them, I haven't step foot in one twice. I consider it lower on the retail scale than Winners (and I'm somewhat a fan of Winners).

Marshalls Comes To Canada

STYLE MOVES INTO CANADA ON MARCH 17
Marshalls set to dazzle Toronto deal hunters

Toronto, ON – February 15, 2010 - Marshalls, one of the world’s leading off-price retailers will launch its first three Canadian stores on Thursday, March 17 in Toronto and the GTA. Marshalls is famed for offering the latest apparel trends for women, men and children, including a vast selection of shoes.

The first three stores set to open include Leaside, 23 Brentcliffe Road; Scarborough, 808 Warden Avenue and Woodbridge, 7601 Weston Road, Toronto.

For the past 40 years, Marshalls has been delivering big brands and unbelievable deals to customers south of the border with over 820 stores spanning the United States and Puerto Rico. “Marshalls has become synonymous with off-price shopping,†says Colleen Uncao, Marshalls Spokesperson. “In keeping with this tradition, Marshalls new Canadian locations will deliver brand names customers know and trust, at well below regular department store prices.â€

How does Marshalls offer the latest looks for less? “Our buyers enjoy outstanding relationships with more than 12,000 vendors in over 60 countries around the world. They make purchases on an ongoing basis, much closer to the actual fashion season than traditional retailers and this allows us to be smarter about trends and to negotiate much better deals,†explains Uncao. In addition, since Marshalls is an off-price retailer, it has no stringent guidelines on how many or how few items they purchase, which is why no two stores feature exactly the same merchandise. Marshalls stores receive thousands of new items each week making every visit an entirely new shopping experience.

Marshalls new Canadian stores will feature a fresh, contemporary design with a bright, easy-to-shop layout and single line checkout for much faster service. In addition to women’s, men’s and children’s apparel departments, some of the categories that Marshalls will emphasize include an expanded boxed shoe department and an area focused solely on teen fashions called ‘The CUBE’.

Boasting over 8,000 pairs of shoes, the boxed shoe department will carry a vast selection of designer and brand name footwear. “Measuring approximately 5,000 square feet, the shoe department within Marshalls will stock thousands of brand name shoes for the entire family, including specialty recreation footwear. Just pick out your favourite style and look for your size in the boxes under the display,†says Uncao.

Marshalls will also house a high-energy in-store boutique, The CUBE, featuring contemporary and hip labels for young adults. The CUBE will have a modern look and feel, with a color scheme, music and lighting unique from the rest of the store. The boutique-inspired department allows young women to easily shop for fashion-forward, brand-name clothes and accessories at amazing prices. Rather than being organized by size, apparel is organized by style, with coordinating accessories nearby, so shoppers can easily create an amazing, head-to-toe outfit.

Supporting the Community
In celebration of its new Canadian locations, Marshalls is proud to announce its partnership with Kids Help Phone, a respected national charity. Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only phone and on-line counselling service for youth. It’s free, anonymous and confidential. Professional counsellors are available any time of the day or night, 365 days a year, to help young people deal with concerns large or small. “We’re very committed to the communities where we do business and Kids Help Phone does amazing work for youth and their families across Canada. We look forward to building a strong partnership with this incredible organization,†says Sharon Wood, President and CEO of Kids Help Phone.

“Kids Help Phone is so excited to welcome Marshalls north of the border,†adds Wood. “Marshalls is bringing its reputation to Canada as a retailer that families can trust, and it’s that kind of commitment to community that is key to this partnership. Every week, thousands of kids from more than 2,500 communities across Canada contact Kids Help Phone with questions about everything from schoolwork to abuse, from bullying to mental health. Whatever the problem, Kids Help Phone is there, but we can’t do it alone, which is why we’re so grateful to have Marshalls on our side.â€

About Marshalls
Marshalls is owned by The TJX Companies Inc. The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. The Company operates over 2,700 stores including T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods, in the United States. In Canada, the Company operates Winners, HomeSense, STYLESENSE and Marshalls stores, and in Europe, T.K. Maxx and HomeSense stores. For Marshalls store locations, visit MarshallsCanada.ca.

-30-
For more information, or to schedule an interview, please contact:
Victoria Zigelman at Strategic Objectives 416-366-7735

Now we've got separate threads for Marshalls, Simons, Express and Target. All these awesome brands coming to Canada (yes I'm gonna keep putting Simons in that list lol).

Back