Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

I see the rendering shows Polson St going east to Don Roadway, as far as I know this is in plans but unfunded. I assume it will require a bridge over the "overflow" water route leading to Ship Channel.

Or just plan for the water to spill over that part of Polson, put up those big gates like on Bayview and cross your fingers and hope the gates still have a cell signal when the deluge arrives :)

I stumbled upon this recent render showing the higher density proposed for this area…

View attachment 598922

Apologies in advance for the upload quality as I had to screen shot the image from my phone to get it to upload here — finger crossed you all can see it.

So far from what I can see, the density looks ‘much’ more fitting for the area!

Edit: to share the link. https://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/new...dRxLC6VajtMyIWi4yg_aem_qOIh0ZDiLR3U7y17yaDj0w
just a note that these kinds of conceptual renderings envision almost all of the buildings in red, terracotta, green, bronze, etc. I see literally two buildings rendered in the typical blue glass..

god i wish these kinds of concept renders would establish the significance of requiring buildings in certain materials/colours to promote a healthy and diverse urban fabric

Or just plan for the water to spill over that part of Polson, put up those big gates like on Bayview and cross your fingers and hope the gates still have a cell signal when the deluge arrives :)
As the spillway will not be used often (unless global warming gets much worse) it actually makes good sense to build that section of New Polson so water can flow over it without ripping up the road. when the spillway is operation

Back