News   Sep 26, 2024
 751     0 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 1.5K     4 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 813     0 

Exhibition Place

Toronto's professional women's hockey team announced that the Coca Cola Coliseum be will their home arena this season. They previously played in the smaller Mattamy Athletic Centre for most of their games.

The Coliseum will also host the Toronto WNBA basketball team in their 2026 inaugural season.

Work on the mural at the north end of Centennial Park has begun, although I would say this is more of an art piece than a mural. Very welcome, none-the-less!

20240911_132524.jpg
20240911_132542.jpg
20240911_132615.jpg

Only Doug Ford would find a way to screw over 3 major venues/operations in one blow (Exhibition Place/The Ex, Ontario Science Centre, and Ontario Place). I wonder what the next chain link is going to be, maybe he'll find a way to involve the Queen's Park lands as well to justify his idiotic spa that nobody cares about or wants.

Why is it that we always get a Premier who decides to one up a previous Premier's stupid sell off? We thought the 407 selloff was bad with Mike Harris, then Kathleen Wynne comes and decides to one up him and sell off Hydro One, then Doug Ford comes in and decides to one up both of them.
Last I checked, I'm minor potatoes, but I still exist & I actually like the water park & spa. I agree with you on the rest. Indeed, if moving the Science Centre wasn't part of the plan, there's likely enough surface parking now at Ontario Place & the Ex combined for Therme/Live Nation's needs and then it would still be available for the CNE too.

Back