Toronto 253-263 Viewmount | 125.79m | 39s | Osmington Gerofsky | Wallman Architects

IMG_1736.jpeg
signs are up

Attachments

• IMG_1737.jpeg
    IMG_1737.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1676.jpeg
    IMG_1676.jpeg
    252.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1677.jpeg
    IMG_1677.jpeg
    423.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I meant in the last two photos - a different development is happening across the street on the opposite side of viewmount

You meant this one, for which we have a thread:

Every project UT tracks has a pin on the map.

Here's a link to the map for your reference:

For simplicity's sake.......

- Black is proposed

- Purple is under construction

- Blue is complete

...is there a reason why this quiet treed street is getting a glut of new towers here?

I wonder when we'll see development east of Allen Road.

The houses on the east side, particularly from Briar Hill south, are generally Leaside/Forest Hill jr. grade, with some exceptions. Much more expensive per buildable ft2, and there will be way more fights.

I do expect it to happen, to a point, in the most strategic spots......but the marked 'class' division here is one the most stark in the City.

Example (Ridelle)

1727024763162.png

I think Viewmount on the east side is a bit riper, but there will likely be pressure to add to Viewmount Park on the southside, which I would support, its a logical park to build-out; which means the north side of Viewmount becomes the interesting opportunity (park--view units)

Viewmount (east of Allen)

1727024950962.png

Right side, probable park expansion, left side, probable assembly material.

I wonder when we'll see development east of Allen Road.

I expect we will start seeing it sooner rather than later tbh, the north side of Viewmount could work perfectly for taller element with on-site parkland to expand the frontage of Viewmount Park. Particularly if someone goes for 225-231 and can expand the connection on the west side, or assemble the block, go for two towers, lobby to close/woonerf Shermount and add it to an overall centrally expanded connection.

There is no doubt you would likely have a big fight on your hands though and it is certainly not low hanging fruit, but ultimately I think you could get there with a well designed proposal.

Back