IMG_4158.jpeg
IMG_4159.jpeg
IMG_4160.jpeg

Bloor Side (the tarps now have large enough holes for my phone to fit through):

IMG_4161.jpeg
IMG_4162.jpeg
IMG_4163.jpeg
IMG_4164.jpeg

Does anyone know what’s with that Apple Store here? Is it cancelled after all or still might be there?
I'd be surprised if anyone but Apple ends up in this space. It's built to Apple specs, it's in an area of town in which they want a presence, and it's just an overall attractive property in general. On the flip side is that it's a premiere brand that makes the property look good, fits into well—even after all the legal troubles. Even if the neighbourhood continues to bleed "luxury" out to Yorkdale, they still fit in. Apple are a consistent money maker, guaranteed to be able to pay their rent for the next hundred years if need be and will be an overall draw to the building and other tenants.

After the Mizrahi mess, I also wouldn't be surprised if:
1) Apple's requested their name not touch another single piece of real estate promo (under threat of lawsuit); even after the building is complete.
2) Apple's gotten the property at a lower (perhaps significantly) lease than previously negotiated.
3) Apple's drawn further undisclosed concessions out of property management.

This is such a popular thread, its hard to keep photos in chronological order! I took a few, yesterday, September 19, 2024:

From Bloor and Spadina:

DSC04528.jpg

From Varsity Stadium:

DSC04549.jpg

From Yorkville, near Hazelton:

DSC04569.jpg

DSC04570.jpg

From Cumberland, east of Bay:

DSC04578.jpg

From up close:

DSC04592.jpg

DSC04593.jpg

DSC04594.jpg

Finally, from Charles, east of Yonge:

DSC04610.jpg

After the Mizrahi mess, I also wouldn't be surprised if:
1) Apple's requested their name not touch another single piece of real estate promo (under threat of lawsuit); even after the building is complete.
2) Apple's gotten the property at a lower (perhaps significantly) lease than previously negotiated.
3) Apple's drawn further undisclosed concessions out of property management.
I think this is spot on. Probably even with significant concessions compared to the original deal, Apple wants this place more than anybody else does and is willing to pay for it.

I think this is spot on. Probably even with significant concessions compared to the original deal, Apple wants this place more than anybody else does and is willing to pay for it.
At the very least, with Apple its not likely to sit empty for months on end waiting for someone with deep pockets to snap up the location. I mean it took how many years for 1 Bloor East next door to finally lease all their retail?

I can’t imagine after all the troubles, that many are lining up to set up a lease at The One without seeing it this thing gets finished first.

Does anyone know what’s with that Apple Store here? Is it cancelled after all or still might be there?

While I like @zang 's reasoning above, it is my understanding that Apple is currently out at 'The One' and not pursuing opening in that space.

I have not heard of any alternate lessee at this point.

Back