Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Did they get the site plan amendment finalized before the bankruptcy for the taller version?

They would need a site plan amendment if Mizrahi finalized the site plan for the 94-storey version prior to bankruptcy. If it wasn't yet finalized, they could just stop pursuing the amendment. Correct that zoning does not get in the way.
The 91-storey version was fully approved, the 94-storey version was not (so six more storeys were granted, not the nine they were after).

In the meantime, while there have been major financial issues, there has been was no bankruptcy. The receivership was triggered by Mizrahi as partner Jenny Coco was refusing to sign on for any further borrowing to complete the building. Mizrahi saw the receivership as the only way to break the impasse, but once in control, the receiver wanted a more thorough house-cleaning than Mizrahi intended, hence the project is up for sale. It's yours for $1.2B (plus I assume some associated debt?)!

Man, they need to hire some landscape architects... That's an awful street-level design that shouldn't be allowed for somewhere like downtown Yonge.
They're not doing anything special along this stretch of Yonge at the moment until the long delayed remake of the entire street gets underway. So yeah, they've got a plan, they just need to get going on it.

From Yonge & Queens Quay today:
20240827_182200.jpeg

In the above photo, the crane cab is at roughly 250 metres, and the jib could be 280+ metres.

They're not doing anything special along this stretch of Yonge at the moment until the long delayed remake of the entire street gets underway. So yeah, they've got a plan, they just need to get going on it.

Yongetomorrow is only going from Queen to College in the current RFP. I don't think theres been any mention of College to Bloor anywhere by the city.

Yongetomorrow is only going from Queen to College in the current RFP. I don't think theres been any mention of College to Bloor anywhere by the city.
Ah, good point about Queen to College... but — north of College all the way to Davenport is planned as Phase 2, so it's even further off in the future. Same situation applies though: no-one along either phase is doing anything with the sidewalk because they know that someday when we're all just dust in the wind they'll actually have a pedestrian-friendly Yonge Street.

The 91-storey version was fully approved, the 94-storey version was not (so six more storeys were granted, not the nine they were after).

In the meantime, while there have been major financial issues, there has been was no bankruptcy. The receivership was triggered by Mizrahi as partner Jenny Coco was refusing to sign on for any further borrowing to complete the building. Mizrahi saw the receivership as the only way to break the impasse, but once in control, the receiver wanted a more thorough house-cleaning than Mizrahi intended, hence the project is up for sale. It's yours for $1.2B (plus I assume some associated debt?)!

Thanks! I wonder what the chance of a re-application for more height in the future is?!

Corner floors are being formed for the next set of diagrids I see...

Back