News   Aug 12, 2024
 372     1 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 531     0 

Hudson's Bay Company

Hudson's Bay and Student Price Card are ending their partnership on Sunday, August 24th at 11:59pm ET. Over the last 8 months I was able to earn 15% back in Hudson's Bay Rewards points. If I was truly a student I could've also saved 10% instore on regular and sale priced clothing, footwear and accessories.

Hudson's Bay and Student Price Card are ending their partnership on Sunday, August 24th at 11:59pm ET. Over the last 8 months I was able to earn 15% back in Hudson's Bay Rewards points. If I was truly a student I could've also saved 10% instore on regular and sale priced clothing, footwear and accessories.

SPC cards still exist?

I remember being given one in Grade 8 way back in 2000.

Fun Fact: I still have my coke card from 1999!

NY Post reports: Saks Fifth Avenue owner developing luxury hotel, apartments in former department stores

I wonder HBC will redevelop any of its Canadian stores to hotels or residential housing.

The best HBC Real Estate in the country has already been sold.

Most of the remaining 'A-list' sites are leased rather than owned.

There are a few exceptions. But I would not expect a mass rollout of condos/hotels being developed by HBC on its Canadian (mostly leased) properties, unless they want to JV w/their landlords in exchange for waiving long term, low rent leases.

HBC owns or ground leases 14 of its existing stores or did as of January '23.

(a ground lease is a long term lease of 50 years or greater, generally)

I wonder if Cadillac Fairview will partially redevelop the ex-Simpsons Queen Street store with HBC's consent. I'm in Winnipeg and from what I read online the Saks at 176 Yonge isn't doing well and might close. It's too bad that Saks Fifth Avenue didn't open at Yorkdale or in BC's Lower Mainland.

Back