Yonge Side:

IMG_3534.jpeg

IMG_3532.jpeg
IMG_3533.jpeg

IMG_1581.jpeg
IMG_1582.jpeg
IMG_1583.jpeg
IMG_1584.jpeg
A little while ago I think I wrongly posted that I thought there were a few broken windows that had been installed because they were not tinted the same as all the others. I believe I was wrong because on further inspection, there is another pair of windows without the tinting. What these two pairs of untainted windows have in common is that they are located where one of the crane supports (may not be the correct term for them, sorry) anchor to a slab. It just so happens that on each of the levels where these untinted windows are install, the glass on those levels are taller than typical. I believe the untinted glass panels are temporary because there wasn’t the space to install full height glazing because of the crane anchor. I’m not sure if I am explaining myself very well or if someone else has already posted this already.

It is interesting they're doing the windows that way for sure. I guess they needed someway to reduce wind dynamics where the crane stabilizer thingies are attached the to inside the tower, hence the untinted placeholders we're seeing.

It is interesting they're doing the windows that way for sure. I guess they needed someway to reduce wind dynamics where the crane stabilizer thingies are attached the to inside the tower, hence the untinted placeholders we're seeing.
The crane stabilizer 'thingies' are apparently creatively called crane ties, wall ties or tie-ins :)

The crane stabilizer 'thingies' are apparently creatively called crane ties, wall ties or tie-ins :)
And I can always hear Mr. 42 cringe every time I call something a thingy here. It's just I'm an artist and I am posting on a forum that is not my field of expertise...so "thingy" is a good word to fall back onto. <3

It's been almost 2 years since I was able to see The One from home. Picture taken in September 2022 showed the less than 20-storey tower rising behind the shorter 55C. Since then of course 55C has been completed and occupied, while The One continues its slow but steady march towards supertall status.

Before (Sep 2022), extreme left

The One 55C.JPG

Now

IMG_3312.jpeg

Photos taken today, Friday (July 26). A rare week where virtually everything rose up a level or more - even the external elevator! So, since last Friday, the crane is up as are most of the blue scaffolds on top, having gone up a level or two, now around level 64, some 219 meters high at that floor. With the third mechanical sections cleared by the rising scaffolds, the tapering super columns are visible. Also rising are the blue corner scaffolds, as the hanger sections below are now almost complete to level 56. Meanwhile, the black Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs) below have all gone up, save for the east RCS. But that's because the north and west RCSs have joined the east one at level 36, the last floor of that mega-section to have its glass and cladding installed before they leap up to level 39 and start on the third mega-section. Which may be very soon. Even higher is the black "mini-RCS" on the south face, raised to about level 37, into the second mechanical area.The exterior elevator has gone higher, as mentioned, now at the top of that mega-section, floor 56.

After my usual Flicker "time-lapse" album addition, my mostly usual set of views, from Yonge Street south at Dundas, then from Alexander, attention paid to the second mega-section where the geometric cladding can more clearly be seen, nearly completely installed - note the pointy south-east corner at the base of the third mechanical level! Nice how the eye can follow along with the zig zagging cladding. Then the view from by Holt Renfrew, Bloor by Balmuto, then from Cumberland east of Bay, and from Bloor east of Yonge. Finally, from the west at Blood and Bedford where the top balcony of 1 Bloor E is now partly obscured by the rising tower. And finally, from down Devonshire.

UTIMG_4676.jpg
UTIMG_4470.jpg
UTIMG_4506.jpg
UTIMG_4542.jpg
UTIMG_4559.jpg
UTIMG_4811.jpg
UTIMG_4767.jpg
UTIMG_4719.jpg
UTIMG_4686.jpg
UTIMG_4631.jpg
UTIMG_4847.jpg
UTIMG_4859.jpg