News   Jul 09, 2024
 170     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 437     0 

Leslieville / Studio District

1218A to 1220 Queen Street East, NW corner at the Leslie St intersection, is listed for sale at $4.95 million:

e8267142_2.jpg

This property was listed a couple of years ago for about the same price I believe. The former 'China Lily' property kitty corner to this site is too to be developed. I'm not certain if 'Gio Rna's' property is large enough for a small apartment building.mHowever the 'Dukes' site is ripe for development with its historical building and large parking lot behind. Lots of potential for this intersection.

124 Logan Ave is listed for sale at $2.25 million. The listing description mentions opportunity for redevlopment:

Rare opportunity to acquire a freestanding building with 30 ft. of frontage, steps from Eastern Ave. The neighbourhood is going through massive transformation with several residential developments and future transit stops (Ontario Line) only blocks away. Current zoning allows for detached or semi-detached house, townhouse, duplex, triplex, fourplex & apartment building. Future potential uses for commercial use via zoning by-law amendment. (35078191)

e8273036_1.jpg

972 QUEEN ST E (181A CARLAW AVE)

To convert the existing two-storey semi-detached mixed-use building (972 Queen Street East) into a commercial-use building. There will be no dwelling units on the lot (there are currently X).

-------------
Seems like for this space

carlawqueen.JPG

Excellent piece! TY for linking to that.

While I happen to favour decriminalization of possession for personal use of most drugs.......as I don't see jail as a real solution.......

I'm also increasingly opposed to safe consumption sites. I say that as someone, who like the resident in the story who started out as a supporter of these.

But my take is simply that they aren't achieving a net public benefit.

Yes, they do save some lives, and that's not to be under valued; the bigger question mark though is how many lives they cost?

How many more people are addicted today, than was the case a few years ago? How many more have considerably worsened health, or negative encounters with the justice system? That in addition to the problem of those victimized by persons in
an intoxicated state.

Of course, harm-reduction sites didn't cause addition, and they are far from being the only or even primary contributor to a worsening situation.

But if they aren't helping tame the problem, perhaps its time to look for a different path.

Back