News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 761     0 

Cozy Cafes

Come on man, you gotta give us more than that - I want to know about the actual space itself!

Now this café is cozy! Look at the glassed in seating area; like drinking coffee in a conservatory! And there is a small event space in the basement with a projector! I now have a place to have public viewings of my fascinating vacation pix! 🤪Taken 7 May.

IMG_1734.jpeg
IMG_1735.jpeg
IMG_1736.jpeg

rdaner just posted a "walk video" over on the Ossington street thread that reminded me the Jimmy's on that strip is fairly cozy. I don't think the fireplace works anymore, but it does have a tin ceiling & other old-fashioned bits as well as tasty food and local art.

rdaner just posted a "walk video" over on the Ossington street thread that reminded me the Jimmy's on that strip is fairly cozy. I don't think the fireplace works anymore, but it does have a tin ceiling & other old-fashioned bits as well as tasty food and local art.
Yes, very true, that is indeed one of the cozier cafes that I can think of. All the Jimmy's are, really, because they all have that similarly rustic, quasi bohemian look to them (tin ceilings are standard in all of them).

Yes, very true, that is indeed one of the cozier cafes that I can think of. All the Jimmy's are, really, because they all have that similarly rustic, quasi bohemian look to them (tin ceilings are standard in all of them).
Woohoo! Glad I understood your definition well enough. 😊

i find mallo cafe/bar very cozy. cafe/bars are generally pretty cozy, imo.
I love that place, and they have an impressively curated craft beer selection, but the space is definitely on the cramped side.

In the Cabbagetown area, I think Bisou.to (formerly Le Concilabule Lab) in a historic house at 350 Berkeley fits the bill. https://www.instagram.com/bisou.to/ Look for the pink door. For indoor seating, there's a small area to the left in addition to the larger area on the right. There's also outdoor seating on their patio. I love their fruit danishes, but any pastry I've had there has been great.

In the Cabbagetown area, I think Bisou.to (formerly Le Concilabule Lab) in a historic house at 350 Berkeley fits the bill. https://www.instagram.com/bisou.to/ Look for the pink door. For indoor seating, there's a small area to the left in addition to the larger area on the right. There's also outdoor seating on their patio. I love their fruit danishes, but any pastry I've had there has been great.

Oh sure, tell everyone about my secret spot in Cabbagetown; it was hard enough to get a seat before! Pfft!

Back