Toronto Wexford Heights | 41.65m | 12s | UPRC | KPMB

Nope... we left them up for the CBC photographers.... since "Sunlight is the best Disnfectant", etc...
I don't know about that. I used to think the same way. But there's so much nonsense in our society these days and no one bats an eye when it makes the news. In fact, often it gets more support because people think it's genuinely true/accurate/what a given "community" thinks.

Time for an overdue update on this one; Resubmission, April '24:

@Paclo is flagged

1713027200308.png

Would ya look at that......the City staff helped make it bigger.

Revised Site Plan:

1713027275652.png

Statistical update:

1713027320459.png

Parking seems really excessive @HousingNowTO may want to raise the impact of this on affordability.

New Renders:

1713027712824.png

1713027737423.png

1713027763918.png

I think the render resolution here is pretty good, but will note for Paclo that I have them set at just 20%

Would ya look at that......the City staff helped make it bigger.
Do we consider this a Toronto City Hall "Miracle"... a "Death-Bed Conversion"... or just "Atoning for Past-Sins" by Planning Staff in 2024..? ⛪🙏📿👼

Whatever it is -- we will happily accept a +50% growth in new purpose-built rental apartment delivery on this site via City Planning & Kindred Works..! 💚

Do we consider this a Toronto City Hall "Miracle"... a "Death-Bed Conversion"... or just "Atoning for Past-Sins" by Planning Staff in 2024..? ⛪🙏📿👼

Whatever it is -- we will happily accept a +50% growth in new purpose-built rental apartment delivery on this site via City Planning & Kindred Works..! 💚

I think you'll find many (not all) City staff can be quite forward thinking. One merely has to speak their language.

You'll notice the trade-offs here.

1) Uniform building massing above the podium for a more efficient floorplate; traded off with a podium with setbacks for human scale at grade.

2) Taller form up front and behind but a larger green buffer to the neighbours to the north, and, the 6-storey form actually obscures the height of the 12s form from the northern neighbours.

It's possible to meet a diverse range of planning goals when one is creative.

Congrats to the team and the City on working through that here.

Now, about the excessive parking.....

1713466469362.png

I've Always loved the Scarborough Citadel. A rare (and very special) piece by Garwood-Jones van Nostrand Hanson Architects (Trevor Garwood Jones who passed away in 2011 and John van Nostrand, later of van Nostrand Di Castri, then architectsAlliance, then planningAlliance / rePlan / regionalArchitects, now SVN).

View attachment 557383

I've Always loved the Scarborough Citadel. A rare (and very special) piece by Garwood-Jones van Nostrand Hanson Architects (Trevor Garwood Jones who passed away in 2011 and John van Nostrand, later of van Nostrand Di Castri, then architectsAlliance, then planningAlliance / rePlan / regionalArchitects, now SVN).

You really are a contrarian PE, LOL

You're the first person I've ever heard speak kindly of that building.

I detest it myself.

Lets give everyone a streetview look:

1713467038403.png

Big pale yellow, largely windowless blob squatting on the corner, no retail, no at-grade animation of any kind, completely turns an unattractive fortress wall to the street.

The built form above is reminiscent of a detention centre, lack with grey, and virtually no detailing.

I consider it an eyesore. But to each their own, variety makes life more interesting.

Back