Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Given patrons would be plastered or otherwise inebriated, and some would be vulnerable in this still sparsely populated and dark area, not sure a walk works 100%.
Wasn’t going to bother sharing these from Thursday but just to be clear there is a LOT more lighting now.
IMG_0467.jpeg
IMG_0466.jpeg
IMG_0464.jpeg

And one bonus shot in beer-vision:
IMG_0463.jpeg

Wasn’t going to bother sharing these from Thursday but just to be clear there is a LOT more lighting now.

Hold on, you were going to hold these back from your fellow UT'ers? What for? LOL

Good contribution.

Thanks! While I know that not everyone will now walk, the conditions for more people to walk are now there.

Got this response about the planted median from WT

The list is decent.

They claim 100% native, I would stick an 'ish' on a couple of those, but I don't mind. (cultivars and also Swamp White Oak are not strictly native to Toronto, but nearby)

That said, both the Oak and the Honey Locust are very durable choices. If they're alive this spring, they should do well here.

The inclusion of Red Dogwood and Juniper allows for some winter interest.

I might have done something different w/the seed mix, but it's perfectly reasonable.

The list is decent.

They claim 100% native, I would stick an 'ish' on a couple of those, but I don't mind. (cultivars and also Swamp White Oak are not strictly native to Toronto, but nearby)

That said, both the Oak and the Honey Locust are very durable choices. If they're alive this spring, they should do well here.

The inclusion of Red Dogwood and Juniper allows for some winter interest.

I might have done something different w/the seed mix, but it's perfectly reasonable.
The list is a bit thin, but I like the Little Bluestem Grass.

The list is a bit thin, but I like the Little Bluestem Grass.

For the boulevards, I would have liked to see a bit more variety, particularly with above-average soil conditions that should support it.

For the median (seed mix), it's meant to be temporary, so I get not investing too much there; particularly if they intend to keep it mowed.

A mix w/wildflowers and a wider range of grasses would have been nice; but I'm not overly plaintive about it.,

They’re working on both sides now.

IMG_3772.jpeg
IMG_3774.jpeg

Was surprised to see this end of the Keating start to mass debris. Maybe I’m too used to them dredging the East and it never getting this far.

IMG_3777.jpeg

All that being said- re the shuttle bus discourse I started. I think the data I want to see for 2024 discussions is how far something has to be away before people make a travel decision. If someone is looking at that walk to the loop, maybe they go Uber- and not just to the streetcar, but the whole way home.

This also goes to talk about what gets built on Villiers. How far does a grocery store have to be, before folks decide not to walk but take a car? It’s like that Disney Land thing about trash cans.

Had a great walk today as did the dozens of people I passed! Also bikes and runners and a ton of traffic!

I do like The Crane and am liking the extensive landscaping going in around it. The boulders lining the waters edge are almost done; can’t wait to repose on them like they do in waterside parks in Central Europe (Dresden.) and now the ships are further animating the area with more to come!

IMG_0009.jpeg

IMG_0007.jpeg
IMG_0004.jpeg
IMG_0003.jpeg
IMG_9998.jpeg
IMG_9995.jpeg
IMG_9997.jpeg
IMG_9996.jpeg
IMG_9989.jpeg
IMG_9985.jpeg
IMG_9978.jpeg
IMG_9976.jpeg