Hamilton 75 James Condos | 108m | 34s | LIUNA | Graziani + Corazza

Gates were open, got a quick glance at how the street level will feel once complete:

IMG_5817.jpeg

IMG_5819.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5818.jpeg
    IMG_5818.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
Gates were open, got a quick glance at how the street level will feel once complete:

View attachment 553615

View attachment 553616
I still prefer 3-4 storey podiums on buildings this large. The point of the podiums is to provide a typical streetwall while providing set backs for wind effects and sunlight, but when the podium, whether a facade or a faux facade with a new podium is too short, it feels like it's being "crushed" by the above structure. I personally feel like a 3 storey podium should be the minimum on all new builds, with a preference for a 4 storey podium.

I still prefer 3-4 storey podiums on buildings this large. The point of the podiums is to provide a typical streetwall while providing set backs for wind effects and sunlight, but when the podium, whether a facade or a faux facade with a new podium is too short, it feels like it's being "crushed" by the above structure. I personally feel like a 3 storey podium should be the minimum on all new builds, with a preference for a 4 storey podium.
personally I feel it's a bit weird that the back is being designed as the front and the front the back. The original liuna building will ALWAYS be seen as the "front" because it's the most impressive looking - you don't tag a building like that onto the "back" of it. So the james st side is gonna look weird REGARDLESS.

I wonder if anything will ever be allowed to be built in that little "escarpment window" forming in that pic

I guess that's where whatever ends up replacing the city center will go.

Last edited:
I wonder if anything will ever be allowed to be built in that little "escarpment window" forming in that pic

I guess that's where whatever ends up replacing the city center will go.
That window will likely be filled in with the development at York and McNab.

Back