Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Looking at this photo (credit @MisterF) was the first time I realized there would be no corner columns where not structurally required, at the top of each hanger set. So cool! I wonder if this was known to the purchasers of those corner units, whose experience will be premium compared to the corner units on other floors.

PXL_20221029_221718896~2.jpg

Looking at this photo (credit @MisterF) was the first time I realized there would be no corner columns where not structurally required, at the top of each hanger set. So cool! I wonder if this was known to the purchasers of those corner units, whose experience will be premium compared to the corner units on other floors.

View attachment 436027

Hmmm. The renderings are inconclusive as it it appears the floors below that floor look the same??

C418D2F6-B66E-454A-ACAA-5D61129F5C85.jpeg

I presumed they weren't in because they weren't ready to be put in yet?

View attachment 436027
I'm sure they charged more for the units without corner columns.

Hmmm. The renderings are inconclusive as it it appears the floors below that floor look the same??

View attachment 436064
The floor you've circled doesn't have a column because the corner above it is suspended by the hangers. Then each floor above that one is supported by a corner column.

Concrete thermal expansion is about half that of reenforcement steel. Generally reducing the temperature swings of the column including exterior to interior gradients will increase the life of the column. Don't know if that's the reason here but in general good practice.
Is it possible that the insulation also acts as a fire retardent cause you just never know?

Back