Toronto Social at Church + Dundas | 164.89m | 52s | Pemberton | RAW Design

From RAW's IG story:

View attachment 422972
The oddest thing about this pic is that from this angle, the basic form of the building looks really interesting. It looks vivacious and pert - someone, somewhere along the way really tried. But - ye gawds - everything applied onto this frame seems both horribly discordant and unrelievedly, aggressively banal. Distance brings no relief and a close-up search for worth only increases aggregated discomfort. "Look upon my cladding ye mighty and despair" should be set in a plexi lightbox sign over the front door.

The oddest thing about this pic is that from this angle, the basic form of the building looks really interesting. It looks vivacious and pert - someone, somewhere along the way really tried. But - ye gawds - everything applied onto this frame seems both horribly discordant and unrelievedly, aggressively banal. Distance brings no relief and a close-up search for worth only increases aggregated discomfort. "Look upon my cladding ye mighty and despair" should be set in a plexi lightbox sign over the front door.
For me it's less interesting because this balcony "trick" has been done dozens of times before in the city.

20220928_133948.jpg
20220928_134117.jpg

They have many other projects in the 'walk of shame'. Not sure this is the worst of them

Though RAW isn't exactly guiltless - a more talented firm will surely make it less of a pile - and RAW had a rather unenviable record.

Looks innocuous from a distance

Everything looks innocuous from a distance when surrounded by their better.

AoD

It's a shame about the balcony glass. I hope the ones in place start cracking and have to be replaced like at 1 Yonge (Phase 1) so that at least there's a chance for salvation.

Back