Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Ms. Coco is being sued out her ass and divesting all her assets to pay for it (see Coco Paving). Nothing new there.

Although unsurprisingly Mr. Mizrahi can’t get more money to buy her out. I wouldn’t touch this with a 10 foot pole unless I could buy the whole thing and kick him out. I would rename it The Dodge Ram Tower.

I joined here just to post a quick comment. I won’t interrupt your flow otherwise. I’ve watched this unconventional project from the get go and it was patently obvious to anyone who has ever had a modicum of experience that the development was very likely doomed to fail. It appears many here have shared that sentiment and have been silenced or banned. Fair enough the mods are in the pocket of the advertisers I guess. I can appreciate it’s generally a forum to discuss and comment on architecture in general more than the ruthless and dirty business of development.

I predict it abruptly ends here. Works slows to a crawl then stops, trades lien and the lawsuits pile up. Another spectacular red mark on Toronto’s development landscape that only serves to entrench more skepticism, distrust and anger by public and politicians alike.

Last edited:
Today. Working in the rain.
B7D24960-D259-4C16-8E1A-7DD53C01BC39.jpeg
2D5A56F7-3465-4519-9205-F8D7DAB6700E.jpeg
D8D75C2C-718D-425F-98CF-43BACFB77E3E.jpeg
822C565F-47BB-4806-A952-87FDE2691D8B.jpeg
C7DECC14-A9B5-4D57-B1AC-E355BC9F57E0.jpeg
40155165-A958-431D-805C-0BFE0522FDA2.jpeg
CF2CE53F-9114-4691-A9C7-9E3566188C71.jpeg

I joined here just to post a quick comment. I won’t interrupt your flow otherwise. I’ve watched this unconventional project from the get go and it was patently obvious to anyone who has ever had a modicum of experience that the development was very likely doomed to fail. It appears many here have shared that sentiment and have been silenced or banned. Fair enough the mods are in the pocket of the advertisers I guess. I can appreciate it’s generally a forum to discuss and comment on architecture in general more than the ruthless and dirty business of development.

I predict it abruptly ends here. Works slows to a crawl then stops, trades lien and the lawsuits pile up. Another spectacular red mark on Toronto’s development landscape that only serves to entrench more skepticism, distrust and anger by public and politicians alike.

You joined today, but somehow have the knowledge that many here share the same sentiment as you but have been "silenced or banned. "

Hmmmm...there's been lot's of discussion about this and NOBODY has been silenced or banned for discussing it. If they were banned, it was for something else.

We'll go back to our flow, and in few weeks see if your prediction is right.

Maybe...Maybe not. Some other person with much deeper pockets might come in, especially if they hear Sam's side of the story and believe him. There's a lot of moving parts here...and my guess is for at least the next little while, the project will go on at it's current pace which is fast now.
$100M in a $1B+ property is a pretty small share relatively speaking. I doubt it'd be that hard to find someone with the cash to help him out. Even if Mizrahi doesn't make a cent on this when it's topped off, it gives him the clout to build more that he can, and I'm pretty sure his ultimate goal was always just to move up to the big leagues.

$100M in a $1B+ property is a pretty small share relatively speaking. I doubt it'd be that hard to find someone with the cash to help him out. Even if Mizrahi doesn't make a cent on this when it's topped off, it gives him the clout to build more that he can, and I'm pretty sure his ultimate goal was always just to move up to the big leagues.

I was thinking the exact same thing, but my knowledge on the industry is very limited so I didn't was to speak out of turn.

Herein lies the problem. This forum appears to be mostly architecture students and/or architecture nerds who are interested in pretty buildings. They aren't interested in the business of development, just the end result. They want this project to go forward and don't have the experience or knowledge to understand the issues that have been apparent for years. So you get a bunch of people cheerleading projects that were doomed from the start.

I remember reading the exact same arguments when Fortress Real was running their scam for years and tons of architecture fans fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.

Reading the comments here make me audibly chuckle. People have ZERO clue what they are talking about and get constant upvotes and validation. But that's the internet for you. The people with actual knowledge and expertise are shouted down by the loud idiots.

This project will be finished one day but it won't be this iteration of the project. If Sam and Jenny were in the US they would be both be getting a full ride scholarship to Con College. The only thing saving them right now is Canada's ineptitude and disinterest in prosecuting white collar crime.

Herein lies the problem. This forum appears to be mostly architecture students and/or architecture nerds who are interested in pretty buildings. They aren't interested in the business of development, just the end result. They want this project to go forward and don't have the experience or knowledge to understand the issues that have been apparent for years. So you get a bunch of people cheerleading projects that were doomed from the start.

I remember reading the exact same arguments when Fortress Real was running their scam for years and tons of architecture fans fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.

Reading the comments here make me audibly chuckle. People have ZERO clue what they are talking about and get constant upvotes and validation. But that's the internet for you. The people with actual knowledge and expertise are shouted down by the loud idiots.

This project will be finished one day but it won't be this iteration of the project. If Sam and Jenny were in the US they would be both be getting a full ride scholarship to Con College. The only thing saving them right now is Canada's ineptitude and disinterest in prosecuting white collar crime.
Cresford 2.0

Total BS.

There's lots of people on this forum that understand the industry plenty. Just because it has its fair share of people like myself that don't have industry knowledge, don't paint everyone in the forum with the same brush.

And why are you here LoMein? Just to disparage the fans of architecture?
We may not have an interest in the financial and political side of development, it doesn’t mean we lack the knowledge to understand it, but that’s not why we’re here.

Back