News   Apr 18, 2024
 612     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.3K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

Waterloo Region Transit Developments (ION LRT, new terminal, GRT buses)

I would be interested in how passenger volumes at the KW airport have been trending lately. So many people I know are talking it up as a better alternative to Pearson.

- Paul

I would be interested in how passenger volumes at the KW airport have been trending lately. So many people I know are talking it up as a better alternative to Pearson.

- Paul
Going up. I don't have hard figures, but they're in the middle of a facility expansion with new baggage claim and expanded departures lounge as well as a new long-term parking.

Flair has added a significant option and it seems people are taking advantage.

Ion frequencies are so low right now, wouldn't they be better off running higher frequencies first? 5 minute or even 7.5 minute frequencies would be a big improvement to service quality over the existing 10-15 minute frequencies.

ion was meant to be launched with 7.5 minutes , but bbd welding errors meant many trains had to be fixed. Meaning not enough trains for 7.5

When I was out in BC a number of people asked about flying out of Waterloo. A Waterloo-Abbortsford service would be great for budget travellers.

Just need a shuttle bus from the airport to the train station now.
Yet another reason why I wish that Breslau GO would get built.

When I was out in BC a number of people asked about flying out of Waterloo. A Waterloo-Abbortsford service would be great for budget travellers.

Just need a shuttle bus from the airport to the train station now.

We do have Flair here under an exclusive contract, I used them to get to Calgary for a Banff snowboarding trip last fall. Also, GRT recently fired up the Route 79 Breslau bus that services the airport.

Yet another reason why I wish that Breslau GO would get built.
Interesting development about Breslau Go Station. This project should have started by now but it seems the Commissioner and his planning team are trying to suppress it. Metrolinx identified a new partner Lion’s Mane Ministry to deliver the Go Station with the Market Driven Approach, but the Commissioner says it is not priority and yanked their designation. How can a private meat business become priority over our much needed Transit? See this link

If this is not corruption or discrimination I don't know what else it is. Landowners across the GTA are made to be partners with Metrolinx to deliver the stations. Reading this article and watching the YouTube video makes me sick.

Back