Toronto Elevate at Logan | 16.76m | 4s | Kaleido | SRN Architects Inc.

I've recently noticed a real estate listing touting an "amazon drone" landing pad and the development's website lists "drone pad for future deliveries" as a feature. Does anyone know if there's an actual amazon deal in place? Or just wishful thinking/marketing.

I've recently noticed a real estate listing touting an "amazon drone" landing pad and the development's website lists "drone pad for future deliveries" as a feature. Does anyone know if there's an actual amazon deal in place? Or just wishful thinking/marketing.
These are two images (of the three in total) from their marketing site for a recent real estate listing for one of their units. First time I’ve ever seen a drone image!

AC342067-A3CE-42C4-8DE0-F1AA0C220D7F.jpeg

AE4E837A-7CC8-4CA8-A375-901FEE79283D.jpeg

Looks like recent Amazon drone technology allows them to carry up to 5 pounds, and are designed to complete deliveries within 30 minutes. Which is helpful if you need dental floss or other lighter household items in a hurry. But folks who need dish wash liquid or snack bars in bulk will still need to venture outward or go with the traditional delivery method.

Very little I could see here, entire east side of the road was blocked off..........

But just the same, 2 pics, from May 19, 2021:

1621464554252.png

1621464596269.png

Now for an update for a site that helps answer that nagging UT question; how fast could a project be built by you and your second cousin, if you were to put in a 4-hour day, every second Saturday.

Photos taken Sept 28th, 2021:

1632860658020.png

1632860698728.png

1632860724273.png

There appears to have been no movement on this site since end of September. There's no longer any construction equipment on site, they've removed the porta-potties, but the road is still blocked off. Anyone have any insight into what's going on here?

There appears to have been no movement on this site since end of September. There's no longer any construction equipment on site, they've removed the porta-potties, but the road is still blocked off. Anyone have any insight into what's going on here?

I have no insight, but that is definitely a very concerning sign regarding the status of this project. Frankly, the rate of progress has been awfully poor for around one whole year now. With this being the first project in Kaleido's portfolio to actually get under construction and no previous documented track record, that doesn't give much confidence either.

Status of the Development

A 4-storey residential condominium building is being constructed by 485 Logan Developments Inc. at 485 Logan Avenue. The site is bounded by existing commercial uses to the north, existing residential uses to the south, a public laneway to the east and Logan Avenue to the west. The development in its completed form will consist of 41 dwelling units and a single-level underground parking garage for 33 vehicles. Permanent vehicular access to the development will be provided from Logan Avenue.

Based on the information provided by the developer, the site has experienced a number of construction delays due to COVID-19, availability of materials, design issues, and a change of builder.

In view of the above, a time extension of the existing construction staging area on Logan Avenue is requested for a period of six months, from March 10, 2022 to August 31, 2022.

Construction of the below-grade formwork is complete. Additional major construction activities and associated timelines for the development are as follows:

• Above grade formwork: January 2022 to April 2022;
• Building envelope phase: April 2022 to July 2022;
• Interior finishes stage: April 2022 to October 2022.

It is anticipated that by the end of August 2022, the construction staging area will no longer be required and construction activities can be accommodated on site.

Not that one had to be a seer.........but I did call back in May they would not make their stated goal (from February) of having the building enveloped closed up by August. Looks to me, at this point, at this pace, they'll be lucky to hit that by October.

They were working on the 1st floor above grade in April of this year, if they finish the 4th floor by late August it will have been 1 month per floor. Not terrible, but not great either.

Back