News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 587     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 885     0 

Ottawa Transit Developments

Now given the type of these trains I don't know how often these components are usually inspected. But 175 000km seems like a good time to do an inspection of a bearing. I believe in the report it said that these don't have on board hot box detectors, but they do have wayside ones. Should a wayside detector not be able to catch this kind of issue?

Compared to a subway car how often would something like a Mark II or T1/TR require an inspection?

Will the Finch LRT and the crosstown LRT have these wayside hotbox detectors installed? Seems to me like it would be a good idea.

I believe in the report it said that these don't have on board hot box detectors, but they do have wayside ones. Should a wayside detector not be able to catch this kind of issue?
There are no wayside detectors, and it was made clear that wayside detectors would not work due to the design of the bearings.

There are no wayside detectors, and it was made clear that wayside detectors would not work due to the design of the bearings.
While there are no wayside detectors on their system, there are absolutely designs of detector that will work with the design of Ottawa's trains.

And in fairness, most rapid transit systems don't outfit their systems with them, taking a far more proactive approach to systems and vehicle maintenance.

Dan

^ This part in the article stood out and makes sense to me:

While RTG and the city are often at odds when it comes to the Confederation Line, they did agree that the provincial government needs to provide more guidance when setting the target price for mega projects.

More than 1 million documents filed with with the Inquiry?

If the inquiry had 500 days to examine them, that would be 2,000 documents per day!

Surely there's a mistake there..........even 1,000,000 pages of documents would seem excessive.

Typically a single communication is a document, so a 2 sentence email is a document.

Of course, so is that 1000+ page spec sheet sent out with the initial tender.

Screenshot_2022-10-09_124120.jpg

Back