Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

Apparently these renderings focus on the outfield changes being completed this offseason. The lower bowl changes (or more details) may come later.

Overall I like it so far.

Maybe someone will post the overhead rendering soon but it's not that the CN Tower is gone. They've just added large propellers on the outside so once everyone is in the stadium can hover over downtown, like the Avengers aircraft carrier. Extra altitude is expected to improve home run numbers, though MLB will need to review plans for the first free-floating stadium first.

Not enough detail yet on the 100 seats

No gimmicky field asymmetry

Phase 2 is the 100 level infield work - details still being worked on and the field will be asymmetrical.
All 500L seats are being replaced

1659030545540.png

1659030566189.png

1659030600576.png

The above from:

Populous, for those who don't know, was originally known as HOK and they're the ones who started the whole retro park thing. Buffalo was one of their first tries at it and then, of course. Camden Yards got the ball going for real.

I think it looks good! About as "ballparky" as you could make the Skydome feel without doing any major structural renos (like taking out the hotel etc). I think improving that blacked out area in centre, and removing those gaps between the outfield wall and seats will make it feel less like a concrete building that has a baseball field, and more like a 'baseball park'. Really looking forward to seeing it.

Reactions: syn
I can't help but think these changes should buy a lot more than 10-15 years.
Be honest... this looks like trash.... it isn't world class. We need to remove the roof so we can be true fans and have a better atmosphere.. Maybe we can build it far away from mass transit because people love baseball so much that they won't mind an extra walk. In summary.... Not world class... the end.

I wish they could find a way to get some daylight in when the roof is closed, but it looks like the covered just about everything else.

I think improving that blacked out area in centre, and removing those gaps between the outfield wall and seats will make it feel less like a concrete building that has a baseball field, and more like a 'baseball park'. Really looking forward to seeing it.
I think it needs a waterfall there personally.

Maybe someone will post the overhead rendering soon but it's not that the CN Tower is gone. They've just added large propellers on the outside so once everyone is in the stadium can hover over downtown, like the Avengers aircraft carrier. Extra altitude is expected to improve home run numbers, though MLB will need to review plans for the first free-floating stadium first.
Finally!

Back