Toronto Allure | 139.5m | 43s | Emblem Developments | Arcadis

I wonder how much the City of Toronto's new development charges affect these new projects.

They won't affect anything that already has its approvals in place. They could, in theory, affect future proposals or those now in process; but really, demand / the market will be far more relevant.

They could, in theory, affect future proposals or those now in process; but really, demand / the market will be far more relevant.

...and while government costs are a significant component of the cost side of the development pro forma, they are substantially lower than financing and construction costs. When you go to tender and when you lock in your rates (with the fast rise of the latter being an especially relevant factor in the market right now) are the massive questions du jour.

So, as part of settlement before the OLT, this one was given the 'H'. (A holding provision that says approval to proceed is withheld until certain conditions are met).

The applicant has now filed to 'Lift the H'.

There do not appear to be any material changes since last summer.

Most of the tie-up appears to have been minor details on the Functional Servicing Report.

Last edited:
I wonder if they even want to proceed with this right now with the precon market hurting right now. They might get all the approvals and then sit on it.

Ever the optimist... I'm guessing the build result on this one couldn't possibly be as depressingly grey/black as the renderings portray it (even the tower windows look like grey spandrel to me ;-)... so to lighten things up a bit, here's some elevations from Emblem's project website.

Architectural Drawings from 250kingeast.ca (screenshots):
250-King-E-elevation1.jpg

250-King-E-elevation2.jpg

Hopefully this optimism isn't misplaced (which is known to happen).

Anybody knows what is the condition of the site location as of today and where is the presentation centre? Emblem is going to launch the sales very soon. Need to know if this project has potential or it’s just fluff. Their marketing looks very ambitious.

Back