823     3 

The seemingly terminal decline of Tim Hortons

I guess they are doing something right? :D

Oh no.............

You made me go down the rabbit hole!

Trusted eh?

Says who? Why? On what basis?

Here we go.

Says " Morning Consult'..........who....?

On the basis of a poll.......of 1,000 Canadians, taken in April. 1,000 Canadians who actually answer the phone for a pollster...........?

1656192445632.png

What question (s) did they ask, and how was the result tabulated/analyzed ?

1656192510928.png

1656192612546.png

Tim's actually had the second lowest score among the companies above, ranking ahead of Toyota only.

Its not specified on the company's page, but I believe when I look at it, that this was probably push polling in the sense that that a series of company names were fed to responders to get their opinions.

ie. "When thinking of company 'x', do you feel ' a, b, c or d'.

This is important, because it means people only had a sample of brands provided to them, and they couldn't simply suggest their own.

Oh no.............

You made me go down the rabbit hole!

Trusted eh?

Says who? Why? On what basis?

Here we go.

Says " Morning Consult'..........who....?

On the basis of a poll.......of 1,000 Canadians, taken in April. 1,000 Canadians who actually answer the phone for a pollster...........?

View attachment 409853

What question (s) did they ask, and how was the result tabulated/analyzed ?

View attachment 409854

View attachment 409855
Tim's actually had the second lowest score among the companies above, ranking ahead of Toyota only.

Its not specified on the company's page, but I believe when I look at it, that this was probably push polling in the sense that that a series of company names were fed to responders to get their opinions.

ie. "When thinking of company 'x', do you feel ' a, b, c or d'.

This is important, because it means people only had a sample of brands provided to them, and they couldn't simply suggest their own.

Also with any phone poll, if they called cell phones or not can very much skew the demographic. If you're only calling land lines you're gonna get an older section of the population answering, and more likely those are people who have a longer, more sentimental attachment to Tim's from like, when they didn't used to suck so much?

Also like, There's a 35 point difference in "trust" here between Google and Tims, yet they're saying both are in the same category of "most trusted"? I always wonder how much these polls are just paid for by companies like Tims so they can say "Canada's most trusted coffee" in ads.

#NotTheOnion

I, as all here know, am not a Tim's aficionado...... LOL

But for reasons that defy comprehension, my niece quite enjoys their Iced (coffee-like) beverages.

She also has that infernal app on her phone.

I told her to make sure she signs on to the class-action; if she's going to let RBI know everything about her; and drink really suspect products, she might as well get some of them for free!

BlogTO...........BlogTO'ing............on Tim's......suggesting the UK version of the chain's menu is superior and we apparently need pancakes at Tim's here.

Do I trust Tim's to deliver good pancakes?.............not really.

BlogTO...........BlogTO'ing............on Tim's......suggesting the UK version of the chain's menu is superior and we apparently need pancakes at Tim's here.

Do I trust Tim's to deliver good pancakes?.............not really.

I could make a comment but it would come across as culturally insensitive. Anyone who has been to a Tims outside the GTA should be aware of what I mean.

That being said the UK is a different culture altogether when it comes to take away. Here it is all about the money, there it is somewhat about the experience. The staff also genuinely care about being there.

They are really leaning into the Canadian theme with all the maple and bacon.

So I actually went to the UK site of Tim's out of curiosity:

The emphasis on burgers and chicken products seemed odd to me.

For all the 'Canadianism' they do not offer 'poutine' w/their waffle fries (probably took pity on the Brits and spared them that one; either that or they can't source cheese curds in the UK)..........

Excuse me, I just had the horrible thought of what Tim's would pass off as gravy...........

For all the 'Canadianism' they do not offer 'poutine' w/their waffle fries (probably took pity on the Brits and spared them that one; either that or they can't source cheese curds in the UK)..........

Excuse me, I just had the horrible thought of what Tim's would pass off as gravy...........

Oh how I miss the days when Tims made Pies and Cakes. I still have the West German cake pipe my mother "borrowed" from TIms when she quit.

Oh how I miss the days when Tims made Pies and Cakes. I still have the West German cake pipe my mother "borrowed" from TIms when she quit.

Depending on the Tim's some of the scratch bakers were quite skilled and could do custom cakes irrespective of what they charged you for out of the 'catalogue' they had.

You got me looking to see if anyone saved it online.............

Can''t see it..............but did find this amusing trip down memory lane:

I can't imagine how delicious those frozen pancakes and burgers heated up in warming drawers must be!

I didn't know Tim's Canada sold poutine. I'm certainly not expert on it, but I've been pretty much spoiled since having it in Quebec.

I imagine a US version would involve sausage gravy and melted processed cheese.

Back