News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 562     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 852     0 

2022 43rd Ontario general election (June 2, 2022)

When all leaders are viewed with ~equal negativity, the populace will go with the devil they know. That's what is going to happen here.

I 100% agree. Doug Ford will likely get in again and I suspect it will be a majority.

Horwath and Del Duca are not that appealing even to me a staunch leftist. I am considering voting for the Greens rather than voting NDP this year. This was the lefts year but they are not bringing their A-game.

Truthfully, this has been an uneventful election year and I think that will aid Doug Ford immensely.

I won’t go Liberal — I’m still bitter about our last Liberal MP and I feel they don’t really care about Toronto Centre except as a safe place to park a favoured insider. But I really don’t feel like the NDP central party has earned my vote though I really liked Suze Morrison and some other newly elected MPPs.

Yeah, I feel KWT lost the passion for her job and it showed the last two years. The pandemic really exasperated the problems here, and while I can’t blame her for a lot of those, she’s been invisible lately. She’d probably be okay at Queen’s Park, but in any event it’s good to get fresh blood at City Hall.

Even with strategic voting, I still think Wong-Tam ekes out a win in Toronto Centre, based on her name. She defeated George Smitherman handedly in the last municipal election, suggesting she has a broad coalition of support.

I give the slightest edge to the Liberals winning University Rosedale and the advantage to the Liberals in Spadina Fort York. I also thing the Grits pick up St. Paul's, Beaches East York, Eglinton Bathurst and either Etobicoke Lakeshore or Etobicoke Centre.

The NDP will hold Toronto Danforth, Parkdale High Park and Davenport based on their large margins of victory in 2018. I can definitely see Marit Stiles, the Davenport MPP, eyeing the NDP leadership assuming Horwath doesn't run again.

The Conservatives win the remaining 416 ridings. I wonder what cabinet role Uncle Doug gives Mikey? Consumer Services?

The NDP will hold Toronto Danforth and Davenport, based on their 60%+ margins in 2018, and will likely keep Parkdale High Park, where they hit 59% last time. I can definitely see Marit Stiles, the Davenport MPP, eyeing the NDP leadership assuming Horwath doesn't run again.

The Conservatives win the remaining 416 ridings. I wonder what cabinet role Uncle Doug gives Mikey? Consumer Services?

I think you are on to something. I am in Scarborough Southwest and it has been either Liberal or NDP for 25 years.

This year I get the sense it may go from NDP to PC which would be one hell of a change for the riding. This riding both federally and provincially has been a PC graveyard over the years, it is where they put a candidate for the sake of having one.

If that happens, you know Doug Ford will win.

I think you are on to something. I am in Scarborough Southwest and it has been either Liberal or NDP for 25 years.

This year I get the sense it may go from NDP to PC which would be one hell of a change for the riding. This riding both federally and provincially has been a PC graveyard over the years, it is where they put a candidate for the sake of having one.

I can't recall a time where there have been so many three-way races in Toronto. Yes, Scarborough Southwest will be a nail biter, as will York South Weston and Humber Black Creek. Still, I would give the edge to the PCs in all three.

The news that Dolly Begum owns 4 homes likely didn't sit well w/some progressive voters.

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything about that - and I scoured Twitter where you know Liberal Twitter would be all over this if it were true.

The Liberal - a real estate agent - certainly doesn't look good.

It would not surprise me if she did. In 2008, the NDP Candidate for SSW owned multiple properties and rented them all out.

Back