News   Mar 28, 2024
 929     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 533     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 830     0 

2022 43rd Ontario general election (June 2, 2022)

Ah, whataboutism, right on cue.

For the record, I don’t think this is a “scandal”, and I remember reading some stuff about Lecce’s youth earlier. So at best, this is rehashed “news”. But I also don’t think that “but … Trudeau” is a great response to anything.

Ah, whataboutism, right on cue.

For the record, I don’t think this is a “scandal”, and I remember reading some stuff about Lecce’s youth earlier. So at best, this is rehashed “news”. But I also don’t think that “but … Trudeau” is a great response to anything.
As a life long Liberal and strong Trudeau supporter... I am saying I feel this is double standards and just a waste of NDPs time and resources. Horwat should just focus on winning this election on her fourth try. Things like this will not help her cause and likely see her get thrown out as party leader and Jagmeet's brother take over.

In my riding east of Toronto, many Liberal signs have been smashed regularly. I haven't seen NDP signs, so I don't know if they would suffer the same fate. I know the PCs would say they don't support this kind of behavior, of course. When you see a long row of PC signs with a few intermixed Liberal signs smashed, you call bull. Is anyone seeing this condition in their ridings ?

In my riding east of Toronto, many Liberal signs have been smashed regularly. I haven't seen NDP signs, so I don't know if they would suffer the same fate. I know the PCs would say they don't support this kind of behavior, of course. When you see a long row of PC signs with a few intermixed Liberal signs smashed, you call bull. Is anyone seeing this condition in their ridings ?

Near the Royal York and Dundas ramp/intersection there are several signs on public land. The Liberal ones were destroyed while the Conservative ones weren't.

As a life long Liberal and strong Trudeau supporter... I am saying I feel this is double standards and just a waste of NDPs time and resources. Horwat should just focus on winning this election on her fourth try. Things like this will not help her cause and likely see her get thrown out as party leader and Jagmeet's brother take over.
To claim to be "a life long Liberal and strong Trudeau supporter" right after saying "Trudeau has so many scandals which he should have been charged with" comes across as a bit, well, disingenuous.

Plus, it's "Horwath", not "Horwat", there's no need to fixate on the "fourth try" point, and who says she won't leave on her own volition if she doesn't make it this time, it's not like we're dealing with late-stage Diefenbaker leadership or anything. And first thing I've heard of Jagmeet's brother as a prospective Andrea replacement (more often I've heard someone like Marit Stiles mentioned)

If by public land you mean boulevards and such, then yes.

At least in Toronto.

A good primer can be found here:

It looks like Toronto allows signs on public land while municipalities near Toronto have bans or restrictions on public property. The municipalities around my vicinity do not allow public property to be used for election signs. Thanks for the information, as usual Northern Light.

Just saw this Ad on Facebook from the Ontario Liberals...........

1652354274524.png

Green Party's fully costed platform is out.

Costing here:

Biggest thing to jump out at you.........

A promise to double both ODSP and OW rates.

That would take ODSP to $2,338 per month
That would take OW to $1,466 per month

A bit weak on minimum wage with a commitment to $16 this year (fine, same as Libs/NDP) and a 'top-up' for cities w/more expensive cost-of-living (not defined). I don't think you can double OW/ODSP and not raise min. wage by at least 1/3.

Would ban new highways through the expanded Greenbelt.

Oooh, I like this one.........."Remove all Class 1 and Class 2 soils (best farmland) from the White Belt and add to the Green Belt.

Weird.... LOL, same promise as the Libs to create 5 new provincial parks.............just like the Libs..........they don't have names, places or sizes....

The Liberals may face an unexpected obstacle in a quest to win this election........

A lack of candidates. They have fired three candidates in the space of a week!

Dumping Alec Mazurek for using a homophobic slur on social media when he was a young teenager is ridiculous (and I'm gay). Are they going to root out former bedwetters while they are at it?

Back