Burlington 849-855 Brant Street | ?m | 11s | Rosseau

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
new fugly one on a high profile corner in Burlington - and surprisingly low density for the location adjacent to the GO Station.

849 brant.png

It's a midrise because of the SFHs nearby. But it's a very chonky boi: 26 units per floor. Unrolled into a 10 unit per floor point tower, it would be 29 floors which seems about right for a GO station.

It's a midrise because of the SFHs nearby. But it's a very chonky boi: 26 units per floor. Unrolled into a 10 unit per floor point tower, it would be 29 floors which seems about right for a GO station.
SFH,s? Not sure what that refers too. However I think this area is also part of the special MTSA planning area fronting Brant & Fairview and extending along Fairview to the GO station. Somewhere in the official plan I am sure it will enlighten me.

SFH,s? Not sure what that refers too. However I think this area is also part of the special MTSA planning area fronting Brant & Fairview and extending along Fairview to the GO station. Somewhere in the official plan I am sure it will enlighten me.
I'm assuming "SFH" refers to "single family home".

That grassy corner with the trees in the rendering is terrible urban design. It's bizarrely committed to preserving the current character of the street, a busy mixed-use main street with buildings that awkwardly meet it with lawns in some places (like a quiet residential street in the suburbs). The added density of the new buildings here will inevitably mean more pedestrians walking across the lawn and compacting the soil, reducing the viability of the landscaping significantly. Hardscaping with trees in silva cells would work better.

Back