Toronto 3239 Dundas West | 29.4m | 8s | Gairloch | Batay-Csorba

Gairloch continuing to be bullish on the Junction area.

3239 – 3251 Dundas St West – Pre-application meeting

Gairloch Developments, the proponents for the development application at 3194-3206 Dundas Street West, will be hosting a pre-application meeting for a collection of properties to the south, at 3239-3251 Dundas Street West. At this time they have not submitted an application with the City, and we have not seen any proposal, however we have been told it will be similar in scope to the development proposal across the street.

The Virtual Community Consultation meeting will take place on Wednesday, June 28, at 7:00 pm. To register for the meeting, please click here.

Please note that this is a meeting being hosted by the developer. Once an application is submitted to the City a city consultation will take place.

If you are unable to attend the meeting and are interested in providing comment and/or receiving more detailed information on this application as it becomes available please contact Councillor Perks’ Office at councillor_perks@toronto.ca .

-----------

Looks like it's for a group of houses midblock on the south side along Dundas West. The assembly brings them close but just east of Gilmour Ave. It's also just west of Gairloch's other upcoming project, on the north side of the street at 3200 Dundas W:

View attachment 336736View attachment 336737
Good spot for redevelopment in the area. I'm wary of avenues-style buildings that decimate existing storefronts and fine-grain streetscape, but houses like this on one of our main streets is absolutely not something we need and this should upgrade the urbanism of this stretch.
This part of Dundas should never have been considered an "avenue"--it is not quite 20 meters across.

Dundas is dull and sleepy west of Malta Park. It would be significantly improved by building well designed mixed-use midrise buildings to help revitalize it. I can't say that what's proposed here is particularly attractive, though.

Contextualism is a good thing when the context is as pleasant as this Victorian/Edwardian neighbourhood. I almost prefer the existing houses, though they're an anachronism on a major street in a metropolitan city. At least they have a sense of warmth befitting of a home.

Last edited:

dun.JPG

Some brief commentary from RAD Marketing's website in regards to 3239 Dundas West:

3239d.JPG

Last edited:
Interestingly, Gairloch has converted one of the houses on the block that are NOT part of this project into a sales centre for a different project of theirs, Craft (across the street). That leads me to believe that they probably also own the houses immediately to the east of this (3239 Dundas) proposal and will get a separate application in the future. I'd love to see that happen because these houses really deaden the strip.

Interestingly, Gairloch has converted one of the houses on the block that are NOT part of this project into a sales centre for a different project of theirs, Craft (across the street). That leads me to believe that they probably also own the houses immediately to the east of this (3239 Dundas) proposal and will get a separate application in the future. I'd love to see that happen because these houses really deaden the strip.
I know that the owner of one of the houses immediately to the east of the 3239 proposal was very vocal in their opposition to the application and just finished a significant renovation, so I'm not sure Gairloch owns the strip. I too wonder about the significance of the sales center and whether it means the car wash might be in play as well.

I know that the owner of one of the houses immediately to the east of the 3239 proposal was very vocal in their opposition to the application and just finished a significant renovation, so I'm not sure Gairloch owns the strip. I too wonder about the significance of the sales center and whether it means the car wash might be in play as well.
Here's to hoping! That whole stretch needs a boost.

Also of note: the first house that's part of this assembly has been boarded up. Hopefully the rest follow sooner than later.

Decision Report, Approval Recommended to the next meeting of TEYCC. *note SPA process still required.

I added the * for the SPA as those of you in love w/this facade will want to make note of this paragraph from the report:

View attachment 476616
literally the coolest aspect of the project and Staff is worried about it. Too funny. With an architect like Batay they should be encouraging freedom and creativity. Pushing them to do something special.

It's unfortunate but this project may take a while to get going as it's not even marketed or in sales yet. It won't move until at least Gairloch's nearby Craft Residences substantially begins construction. Their Grain Lofts project on Dupont also appears to be treading water right now.

Back