Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I think from the beginning the intention was to open the retail section (ie. first few floors) while the tower is still under construction. Still, looking at the progress, I doubt they can do that this year, although some renderings seem to indicate that street-level hoardings will be gone by this summer (perhaps to placate Apple and suggest they can open the store in Summer 2022?)

Wow, already placing rebar for the next round of columns and walls? They're really picking up their pace now
Mizrahi is going to court soon for Apple lease. Think he wants to show they are working as fast as they can. That's about as many employees on site as I've ever recall seeing for this project.

Mizrahi is going to court soon for Apple lease. Think he wants to show they are working as fast as they can. That's about as many employees on site as I've ever recall seeing for this project.
I am not sure if going to court is the best idea for him or Apple.

Any time big tech goes to court ist a gamble even if they have a god reason.
What's the gamble here though? Most of the world isn't going to care about a real estate squabble, let alone even the tech community. At worst, Apple loses out on a prime spot they're currently losing money on (with more devastating results for Mizrahi), and has the cash reserves to find another equivalent spot. Apple's stock isn't going to plunge if they pull out of this deal.

Today.
DDAE1E5E-9F52-4E69-9FAF-AFC58909ECA1.jpeg
A0DD2703-70A1-4DA0-ADAF-8EC4B83C43FE.jpeg
E9656CA7-05CD-436D-9BAC-B3C56EA0B416.jpeg
23C4E0C6-347C-4DE4-856A-4DAD6C86CB2F.jpeg
DD7F4AE1-51EA-4F88-9201-43035C1EC60A.jpeg
6EC695B9-F7C3-42F8-A7D9-3D8A4C4FB5E7.jpeg
79B17BD9-C110-4DA6-BB59-8014E0B20B02.jpeg

Wait… they’re already pouring columns one day after pouring the slab?! Apple should have taken them to court three years ago. 😀
Their main tenant is getting testy, so they need to look like they pulling their fingers out and getting a move on it... 😼

i bet they are pouring walls within 6 or 7 days.

if they begin fitting out the main level retail, how do they weather tight it to prevent water etc coming in from on top.. with other levels that connect not envelope tight.

also notice corner forms on the 4 corners of 2nd floor. i believe we will begin to see these corners closed in and then cladding put on

Can anyone explain how the rebar sections of the super columns are attached to each other. There are holes drilled all along the perimeter of the top plates. Some of the plates seem to have rebar rods protruding through the holes. I assume that when a new rebar section is attached the protruding rods get laced through the bottom face plate of the new section?? Or are they bolted together? I can’t tell by looking at the photos.

Back