Toronto 287 Christie | 24.5m | 6s | Zinc Developments | RAW Design

For those who are inclined to support the project, I'd encourage you to write both the planner and councillor's office to express your support (as I did); their contact info is below.

Robert Ursini
Robert.Ursini@toronto.ca

Councillor Layton
Councillor_Layton@toronto.ca

Councillor Layton's relevant staffer in the area, Andrea Fresolone
Andrea.Fresolone2@toronto.ca

For my part, I expressed my wholehearted support for the project, focusing on its potential role in helping to reduce the exclusivity of our neighbourhood and open it up to more people, principles which Council itself has adopted in various forms, and its location that is well served by amenities and transit. I suggested that the City ask the applicant to reduce the vehicular parking to zero, and asked them to consider making road safety infrastructure improvements in concert with the development, especially in light of recent deaths and serious collisions in the immediate vicinity. I also asked them to consider asking the applicant to carry the brick treatment all the way up the building because the aluminum paneling always winds up looking like crap.

Passed by the site on Saturday:

20211113_153719.jpg
20211113_153734.jpg
20211113_153751.jpg

Sigh. Why not carry the brick treatment to the upper floors? Thumbs down.

Seems like a hallmark of RAW's designs to go with at least 2, 3 (or more) cladding materials or motifs. Just like their recent work at the Roncy:

New renderings are updated in the database! The overall project information has the following changes. The total building height changed from 25.70m to 24.5m. The total unit count increased from 39 units to 42 units. So did the total parking count increase from 14 parking spaces to 21 parking spaces. Finally, the total building storey countchanged from 7-storey to 6-storeys.

The renderings are taken from the architectural plan via the Rezoning application!

PLN - Architectural Plans - FEB 22  2022-1.jpg

Indeed, hope they can get this moving soon enough. The smaller building with the yellow painted front especially, looks like it's going to collapse any minute now.

Last edited:
I love it as a photographic subject, it's so ramshackle and jolly at the same time, with that faintly jaunty yellow.... but yeah, it's gotta go.

New renderings are updated in the database! The overall project information has the following changes. The total building height changed from 25.70m to 24.5m. The total unit count increased from 39 units to 42 units. So did the total parking count increase from 14 parking spaces to 21 parking spaces. Finally, the total building storey countchanged from 7-storey to 6-storeys.

The renderings are taken from the architectural plan via the Rezoning application!

View attachment 396288

What a shameful delay and waste of time and money for everyone involved, for something that should've been allowed as-of-right.

I think it would be a lot easier and create a situation where it was more likely for designs to go all the way to the top and for buildings to have more coherence if they were allowed to go straight up instead of stepping back. The city's policies on setbacks seems like it encourages and creates the situation where developers will change the materials after the first few floors at the setback.

Back